2 Grand

The Saint

Got 2 Grand to spend on my bike, any recommendations as to what I should buy.

Nice Rims for 2 Grand maybe, oh and it is a road bike

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

anything secondhand will be a good deal for R2k, no nice wheels for R2k, sorry. Maybe some Bike Lights?Wink

Guest Big H

Marius jy het daarvoor gevra!!!!

sarkasties, =e; =er, meer sarkasties ~, =ste, mees sarkasties ~. Bitter, spottend, honend.

*Whispers behind hand, incredulous*

"He's got 2k to spend on his bike!"

1) A weighless subscription...Your bike will love you for it.

2) New carbon soled shoes

3) Save the cash until you can buy uber-wheels. Makes a massive difference

I have a Ritchey WCS Alu Handlebar & ECS Alu Stem 44 Bar 110 stem for R500 super cool, super light.....

Now you still have  R1500 left to spend.

I would definately go for the Carbon option, can get a new carbon handlebar for R1600 but I am unsure of exactly what differance I can expect as opposed to my alu bars?

Any advice?

wat ry jy op die oomblik? Het jy 'n carbon vurk? Dit gaan 'n groter verskil as 'n carbon handlebar maak.

FanieFiets2007-03-30 12:48:12

Yes Fanie I do have a carbon fork. Went past the cycle store today, carbon cages ranging from R150 to R650 each - not sure what the difference is.

I don't have a carbon seatpost but as with the handelbars I am not sure if I am going to feel any difference as opposed to the alu.

There is only one thing Q Rings go faster and easier. Start where the bike needs it in the pedalling

Mmm ok so why only a Zipp carbon bar - what makes theor carbon any different from that of other manufacturers?

Then what the hell are Q rings??

search net Q-rings. Die mense het al baie lang discussion op die hub daaroor gehad. 

FanieFiets2007-03-31 08:34:35

oval chainrings, they increase your power stroke tooth size and reduce the dead spot

Muxman.  Morne Bester Cycles has FSA carbon team cranksets on special at R 2K a piece. Theres a nice upgrade if you need one. Contact them on 012 347 8660.

There is only one thing to buy and that Ladies and Gentleman would be a campaq wine opener(corkscrew). Money well spent, thinking of buying one for Big H for Christmas!LOL