Problems with Time RXS pedals?

EdoardoBianchi

Just spend a small fortune replacing my old Time Impact pedal because they had play on the axle bearings that cannot be fixed ("Common problem with T Impact pedals" ala LBS dude). Two f%^#@^ weeks later and the new ones have the same problem. I'm taking it back tomorrow and f@rting in their shop if they don't replace it F.O.C...

Anyone else have this issue with the new RXS (Carbon) models? Mine are post-recall (gold dot on body)

Got the same play on mine. Actually I found that play on quite a few time pedals even the older ones. Seems to be normal. I dont think there's a risk of the pedals coming apart.

my pre-recall RXEs are still going strong - I am waiting for the wheather to get reeeally cold, or a serious crash to take them in.

great' date=' i just changed to Time RSX Carbon from Dura-Ace Confused[/quote'] Don't worry about it, Zaskar...

You've now got a better pedal... by far!!!!

great' date=' i just changed to Time RSX Carbon from Dura-Ace Confused[/quote'] Don't worry about it, Zaskar...

You've now got a better pedal... by far!!!!

By Faaaaaaaarrrr!!

I'm not worried about the pedals breaking (they're bullet proof IMO), but the clatter when there's no weight on the pedal is really annoying me.

I will be making a serious fuss over the weekend at the shop if anyone wants to come over 'n watch...

The axle should  not make a clatter. Check on top of the base of the pedal is a little adjusting plate held in place by very small screws,if they come loose it makes a very irratating noise!!

Muddy, my point exactly. Well-made equipment (that is inappropriately expensive) do not develop play on its bearings in two weeks time. Unfortunately it is definitely on the axle: taking the pedal body in my hand, stabilising the crank and moving the pedal creates movement that reminds of badly adjusted bearing/cone setups on wheels of years gone by.

How does Look compare with Time from a quality/efficiency point of view?

Latest on this: LBS indicates it is normal and I have to live with it. Having talked to others about the best pedal, it seems like Time's are the ones to have, so I'm just have to put up with the noise.

I sent mine in to have the pedal glued back on to the axel again. I was cleaning my bike one night and i managed to undo the pedal off the axel by hand Shocked

So i sent them in, after i knew that TIME had issued a re-call on that particular model. Anyway being the paranoid type i decided to buy a diff brand of pedal and use that brand. I still prefer TIME, but am too afraid to go back on the TIME model i have (after i got it back from the shop) The fact that i was able to undo them by hand freaked me out. Imagine sprinting and that pedal comes undone.

tooHot!!!!2007-04-01 03:47:31

Latest on this: LBS indicates it is normal and I have to live with it. Having talked to others about the best pedal' date=' it seems like Time's are the ones to have, so I'm just have to put up with the noise. [/quote']

They are all lying to you.Pre,post recall they are still crap and you will get hassles  down the line.There is only one pedal  IMO and that is speedplay.

I've never used SP (didn't realise they do road?) What are they like ito retention in sprinting, float, etc? Although I'd be hard pressed to spend another 1k+ on new pedals...

Check with TIME, because I received an e-mail a while back recalling some models, the problem was that the axle came loose. My mechanic says that working on look pedals is the best, they use that best bearings, and easiest to fix IF something goes wrong. I road for years with Time, changes to Shimano because I kept pulling my foot out, I now ride look because they're "simple" and easy to repair.