Vasbyt

Taylorchick

Hey Cruxpearl' date=' really looking forward to that tour!! Think its going to be the best!!

Now my partner must just do his job, otherwise i'm going to give him a few smacks from behind,ha ha!!
[/quote']

Hey Taylorchick

I managed to drag your partner out for a ride this morning and he seems to be a little more motivated now that you are going to be his partner...

But I will be sure to relay the message to him that you are going to be smacking him from behind... Clap Hopefully that will help me get him on the road tomorrow morning as well..

Congrats on a good ride on sat..

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

AngryI think it was the worst organized race if attended ever. Angry

<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

We were early but the entrance was so badly mark that we had to make a few u-turns before getting in. They could at least mark the entrance a bit better it was a mess.

Secondly the person announcing the start was totally confused and not up for the job.

He told us that the 107km must stay on top (were on top was I still don?t know) then he said only the 150km must be at the start. Then he started joking about the people in the groups and the next thing we hear is him saying that the only people left should be the 47km people. Never has he called for the 107km people, we just rushed thru the 47km people and as we got to the start he told us that if we are 107km riders we missed it.

The first part of the route (to Delmas was really bad) no pot hole markings and the traffic was quite bad, trucks were flying past almost knocking me of my bike I went off the road but managed to stay on my bike no punctures.Confused

Water points were small and the people were very friendly but stopping for water is out of the question.

Besides all of that was it is really tough race, the one light point is that I finished closer it the leaders time so I hope my seeding will improve.Big%20smile

Hope you have an awsome other tour first!!!!Wink

Hi Taylorchick

May I ask what other tour you're doing first?? Just for interest's sake. I hope you feel better soon.

To the Ogranisers!!!

You Guys Are a bunch of Money hungry @ssholes who only care about making a quick buck rather than worring about the safety of the competitors!!!

firstly the entrance fee of R160 ( for a late entry ) I think was pathetic!!! thats equivelant to some of the major races in this country with "FULL RODE CLOSURE'!!!

And what where the pro's racing for R700LOLLOLLOL  thats an insult on its own!!!

Secondly .Why couldn't you guys pay the Metro police to assist you guys with this event to try make it safer for all of us. If A small little Sunday race like the Benoni world champs can do in ......soo could you.

or

Get the CSA involved!!!! This race 151km should have been stoped 10km's into the race ....200 odd riders spread across the road ( not even trying to keep left ) with HUGE 24 wheeler coal trucks flying past at 120KM/H.

As for the rest of the event .....I could sit here and bitch all day....Dead

All the accidents that happened...is blood on your hands!!!!!!Thumbs%20Down

Guest Michelle

Anybody know why the Microsoft guys weren't there?

Well done Taylorchick. Good luck at the World's.   Nochain you can phone me for someone to repair your Zipps or for a quote for new ones. Im sure cycle sure will be paying. 

Heard Chris Froome say his grandmother rides faster than this and she's 90 LOL... Was quite funny at the time... Was a pretty easy race, felt like one massive club ride... Spoke to Taylorchick, Grapkas, 101%, Hanco, AndreT and a few others.

Thought AndreT had a really good ride after puncturing and pulling back I tried to sit on his wheel and got dropped Embarrassed, then I realised my brake pads were brushing up against my rear wheel ... Must of been that guy that tried to bunny hop over my rear wheel, but good ride Mr T. Clap. Thanks to the Ceadar Vadek support vehicle for the spare wheel Clap. Last 10km's was TT in to a head wind which was most probably the toughest part of the race for me.

Heard Chris Froome say his grandmother rides faster than this and she's 90 LOL... Was quite funny at the time... Was a pretty easy race' date=' felt like one massive club ride... Spoke to Taylorchick, Grapkas, 101%, Hanco, AndreT and a few others.

Thought AndreT had a really good ride after puncturing and pulling back I tried to sit on his wheel and got dropped Embarrassed, then I realised my brake pads were brushing up against my rear wheel ... Must of been that guy that tried to bunny hop over my rear wheel, but good ride Mr T. Clap. Thanks to the Ceadar Vadek support vehicle for the spare wheel Clap. Last 10km's was TT in to a head wind which was most probably the toughest part of the race for me.

[/quote']

So you finding the race easy explains the extra 70km you decided to do after the race.... DeadDeadDead

You getting way to strong... ClapClap

So you finding the race easy explains the extra 70km you decided to do after the race.... DeadDeadDead

You getting way to strong... ClapClap
....the ride home was your's and Kakaa's idea Dead... Phen and you were attacking down Lynwood... Don't you okes ever ever stop Cry... I'm sitting here and as soon as my heart hits 60bps I can feel the lactate build up in my legs Confused Sabie is gonna be hell this weekend... Vito here we come! Tongue

Jason,

Only a pleasure to help out the TCS boys, that little mr bean vehicle battled to carry all the wheels you guy's needed to stay in the raceWink, hence our vehicle became the TCS support backup truck.LOL

Jason' date='

Only a pleasure to help out the TCS boys, that little mr bean vehicle battled to carry all the wheels you guy's needed to stay in the raceWink, hence our vehicle became the TCS support backup truck.LOL
[/quote'] LOL... I thought of slipping behind it but this thought went through my mind that maybe it would be easier to slip behind someone like fatcyclist or maybe Cruxie was slipping me Tongue.

Jason2007-04-02 04:56:45

Cool race guys. Except for the organising part. We helped andreT a bit back to the bunch and tried to help others that had mechanical problems as well.

Crux cool support vechile. Just fix your team name on the sides. 

Read Colorpress' race report on Cyclingnews.co.za - seems they rode a different Vasbyt on Saturday, 'cause it doesn't sound like the same race to me...

Very different race report indeed... but I like this...

"The race was going rather smoothly until another team started to attack the bunch after just a few kilometers. All hell broke loose and the race was on"

Thanks Barend!! jou mooi ding!!