You don't own the F%$&n road!!!!

thehermanator

I think what also happens sometimes and i've seen it first hand! People don't expect a cyclist and they're driving very close to the edge of the road and then when they look up from their cell phone/radio' date=' there you are and then they swerve unnecesarily!

[/quote']

Also 100% correct. I was taken out few years ago while riding about 1.5m inside a yellow line. Spend 3 months in ICU, back to work 1 year later. Never went back to road cycling. On the MTB I'm responsible for my own destruction Wink

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

correct chuck' date=' but like i've said 10 times. LOOK, BE SENSIBLE AND USE YOUR COMMON SENCE!!! I only skip red lights when there is REALLY nobody around and then i look extra carefully because early on saturday mornings there are so many people around that are still pissed from the night before!! I will never ride irresponsible when there are lots of cars around!! [/quote']

What exactly is common sense?

What other laws are you ok with breaking, if, according to you, no-one else gets harmed?

smoking a bifta, its a victimless crime.....Embarrassed

Laws/rules i like to break:

To sometimes drive 80 in a 60 zone.

To not stop dead at a stop street and check all my 100 blind spots when nobody is around

drinking wine the night before a big race...

Things like that.

And the amazing thing is:

I have never had a personal run in with a car/driver whilst riding on my own

I haven't received a single speeding fine or other kind of fine (i think this is because my car is just simply *** and too slow!)

COMMON SENCE: If you land under a car, you = dead.  So ride/drive in a safe way.  IT IS NOT UNSAVE TO SKIP A RED LIGHT WHEN THERE ARE NO OTHER CARS AROUND

IT IS UNSAVE TO SKIP A RED LIGHT WHEN THERE ARE A LOT OF TRAFFIC.

Simple really

I think what also happens sometimes and i've seen it first hand! People don't expect a cyclist and they're driving very close to the edge of the road and then when they look up from their cell phone/radio' date=' there you are and then they swerve unnecesarily!

[/quote']Also 100% correct. I was taken out few years ago while riding about 1.5m inside a yellow line. Spend 3 months in ICU, back to work 1 year later. Never went back to road cycling. On the MTB I'm responsible for my own destruction Wink

So where does the real problem lie, with the cyclist in the yellow lane or the motomoaner on his cellphone?

correct chuck' date=' but like i've said 10 times. LOOK, BE SENSIBLE AND USE YOUR COMMON SENCE!!! I only skip red lights when there is REALLY nobody around and then i look extra carefully because early on saturday mornings there are so many people around that are still pissed from the night before!! I will never ride irresponsible when there are lots of cars around!! [/quote']

What exactly is common sense?

What other laws are you ok with breaking, if, according to you, no-one else gets harmed?

smoking a bifta, its a victimless crime.....Embarrassed

I think you will find there are many victims up and down the illegal drug supply chain.

If you ride like a d@@s and get run over, please don't let you friends come on here and ask for donations for your medical bills.

To not stop dead at a stop street and check all my 100 blind spots when nobody is around

drinking wine the night before a big race...

Things like that.

And the amazing thing is:

I have never had a personal run in with a car/driver whilst riding on my own

I haven't received a single speeding?fine or other kind of?fine?(i think this is because my car is just simply *** and too slow!)

?

COMMON SENCE: If you land under a car' date=' you = dead.? So ride/drive in a safe way.? IT IS NOT UNSAVE TO SKIP A RED LIGHT WHEN THERE ARE NO OTHER CARS AROUND

IT IS UNSAVE TO SKIP A RED LIGHT WHEN THERE ARE A LOT OF TRAFFIC.

Simple really
[/quote']

smiley20.gif smiley20.gif smiley20.gif smiley20.gif smiley20.gif

I haven't received a single speeding fine or other kind of fine (i think this is because my car is just simply *** and too slow!)

Oh. So you get away with breaking the law, so that makes it ok? Right.

O Yeah, Grapkas the lawbreaker!!!!!!!! Sounds good to me.. In the old west you'd be the old hag spurring everybody on to hang me because i didn't park my horse right in front of the Bar.

If you ride like a d@@s and get run over' date=' please don't let you friends come on here and ask for donations for your medical bills.[/quote']

Mamps, I think that it is safe to say that ALL the accidents I have heard of the cyclist was NOT riding like D@@s.

Or do you have some examples where someone rode like a d--- and posted here that he deserved it???

O Yeah' date=' Grapkas the lawbreaker!!!!!!!!

[/quote']

Um, well, you are. Just because you have justified both the law and the reason you broke it away in your own mind, doesn't change the fact that you are in fact undertaking criminal acitivity. But hey, don't worry. You can choose to be part of the problem, or part of the solution. Guess you made your choice.

Mamps' date=' I think that it is safe to say that ALL the accidents I have heard of the cyclist was NOT riding like D@@s.

Or do you have some examples where someone rode like a d--- and posted here that he deserved it???[/quote']

well, my GF ride through Greenside in the mornings and she gets held up by cyclist taking up the whole road. She knows how to drive when cyclist are around but they just make her blood boils.

Watch out people, Grapkas the Lawbreaker may be at a redlight near you soon!!!! Watch your back!

TNT, if you can tell me that you have gone through your whole life without ONCE:

skipping a stop street/red light

getting a speeding fine

handed your tax return in late

lied to your wife/girlfriend

Then you can point a finger

At least i'm honest so i'm not a BIG OLD FAT HYPOCRITE!!!

Look out for all the glass coming down when you throw stones out of your house hey!!!