What Frame for R13k

racman

Ok - still looking to replace that piece of Colnago Titanium "iron" frame with CF. I know I shouldn't but the bug has bitten, what can I say. Big%20smile

Choices are (for approx. R13k) Felt FC, Kuota Kharma, Specialized Tarmac Pro, Scott CR1, any other ideas?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Man with no Name (can't you shorten it a bit!) - are you talking about the standard 928 or the C2C?

What about a Bianchi 928? Maybe slightly more' date=' but a good choice at that range[/quote']

You rock MWNN. Come and collect your tattoo.

Unfortunately, it is also [slightly?] heavier than most, but G^% are they beautiful...

At the risk of sounding philosophical: Delay the purchase until you can buy what your heart desires, otherwise you would waste the money on something you don't [really] want.

But what 928 are you talking about - the lugged 928 or the C2C???ConfusedConfused

I prefer the 928 SL' date=' but that's about twice your [unrevised Wink] budget - goes for about R28k

Popeye & Kritz are on C2C's, right? They look fantastic, but I'm not sure I like the angles - seem a bit, er, relaxed. Any comments, guys?

I spent a happy time at the shop over the weekend drooling over the 928SL with Record and Hyperions - At R90k I have some saving and dreaming to do...

The C2C's do look a bit odd. Maybe just an acquired taste. However, they must have their reasons for the design I'm sure>

I've got the 2006 Tarmac S-Works. Chose it for the looks and the handling. Nothing like pushing it to the limits coming down Red Hill, Simonstown side. It really is very forgiving. Borrowed a Cervelo Soloist for the CSC South African visit and the handling doesn't compare - for the difference in money anyway.

I believe that the new Tarmac Expert is the equivalent of the S-Works of 2006

"

Specialized FACT 6r carbon, triple monocoque construction, compact race design, Zertz inserts

"

Haven't heard a bad word about them to date!

The C2C's do look a bit odd. Maybe just an acquired taste. However' date=' they must have their reasons for the design I'm sure>[/quote']

As far as I know the C2C is designed as a touring bike i.e more for comfort.

IanJ that is what I read in the Bianchi press release - all about "relaxed geometry" and "comfortable ride for long distances", "less agressive angles" etc, etc, etc