Bicycling Bibshort review

Evan Andreou

Really enjoyed the feature in the latest issue.

Has anyone worn No Sweat bibs?

They seem reasonably priced but I only know one person who's worn them, any comments?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope, but I am shocked at the prices of the imported offerings - guess I've not been shopping in a while...

I agree though, nice feature

I thought the prices given were useless.

Everything cost R600-R1200 or R1200+.. very vague.

I thought the prices given were useless.

Everything cost R600-R1200 or R1200+.. very vague.

To  be fair they did have the actual price in the body of the review.

Would have enjoyed a bit more coverage of locally made brands though

Has any tried Pearl Izumi bib shorts and Santini?

I need to get a new pair of shorts and was considering these brands, so any feedback would be welcome.

They do not give the Cape Storm Matrix a too hot review. I got my pair last week and used them the weekend and they are amazing. They are made from imported Italian lycra and have a Swiss made shammy. They are only assemled here and really good aswell. I will deffinately get me another pair soon.

They do not give the Cape Storm Matrix a too hot review. I got my pair last week and used them the weekend and they are amazing. They are made from imported Italian lycra and have a Swiss made shammy. They are only assemled here and really good aswell. I will deffinately get me another pair soon.

I got a different impressionfrom the review and subsequently ordered myself a pair, glad you like them.

They had 2 reviews of Cape Storm bibs. The more expensive (by R150) had a much better review than the cheaper ones.

PI very good' date=' had a pair from UK for a while

Available locally in Jhb at Mikes Bikes in Greenside
[/quote']

Thanks,

I'm a regular at Mikes so that's were I first came across them.

Wolfy, they shot down all the SA brands. They said some were good or an improvement on the previous version but did not say "they are as good as XYZ brand". These Cape Storms are way better then even my Nalinis.

Is it a coincidence that imported brands advertise more in the mag?

...and their undershirt review is nothing compared to the one in "What Mountain Bike" from March.

Has any tried Pearl Izumi bib shorts and Santini?

I need to get a new pair of shorts and was considering these brands' date=' so any feedback would be welcome.

[/quote']

Thug, i've got a par of Santini's and they are fantastic, really comfortable. Also got the new cape storm matrix and they are also great - nicest thing about them is that the bib in the front is not too high - makes for easier toilet breaks, and helps with not getting too hot.

I got my Assos F13 directly from Switzerland, thx SwissVan and for about R450 cheaper than local pricingTongue They will be landing today some time la la la!!!

I got my Assos F13 directly from Switzerland' date=' thx SwissVan and for about R450 cheaper than local pricingTongue They will be landing today some time la la la!!![/quote']

Ja, but not everyone can afford to spend R1.5k on a pair of Assos F13 Cry

I mean, I don't even buy clothes to that value in a year for myself LOL

But, if we talk bling parts for my bike, that's a different story.......