I am speechless

Deltahotel

Toyday the rep from Specialized came to see me.  I weren`t there so he left a meassage  to  one of my guys working for me. I am doing everything of Specialized, ecept the bikes.

Apparently he greeted the person working for me,very nicely and started talking that  their sales (Specialized) are quite down due  to the resession and business  not doing that well overall,which is true and a big concern to all of us.

He then told me that due to the fact that I do not spend enough money with him on a monthly basis, he is going to withdraw my agency to sell Specialized. Where I live there is another shop doing Specialized, but according to him I am costing him money to drive to me.

I AM  SPEECHLESS:

He stated that bussiness is  bad overall and still he wants to withdraw the agency from me.

Secondly,  he has to drive down to come and see the other retail  shop and I am exactly 5,5km away from  him.

Thirdly  he has the  odasity to tell this to people working for  me  and not to speak the owner himself. One of  my guys phoned me  to give me the news.

If you are a representitive of a company that is an  international brand then  surely your conduct has to be the same.

Is this normal practise? He said he will send me a letter to inform me. 

Then lastly: IF THERE WEREN`T ANY RIDERS THERE WON`T BE ANY RETAIL SHOPS, IF THERE IS NO MORE RETAIL SHOPS THEN THERE WILL BE NO MORE SUPPLIERS AND NO MORE SUPPLIERS MEAN NO MORE REPS!!So in these times if they can do without my orders and then not getting money from me, so be it!! 
Deltahotel2009-07-02 11:47:42

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's really SWAK. It leves a bitter taste in my mouth about Spesh and the people they employ. Thumbs%20Down  Speeddemon2009-07-02 11:34:29

I really hope someone from Specialized (some high placed person) read this!!!

Deltahotel2009-07-02 11:42:23

That is the worst excuse for the resession I have ever heard, before he drops you, drop him. He might come back one day or maybe his successor

That's just wrong... So fine, yeah. It's costing money to go down to the shop. Just don't go as often!

Drop the b4stard, DH...

Or better yet, phone up HIS manager and give HIM the belting you should give the rep.

After reading this, I am so glad i got rid of my specialized rd bike a month ago. Screw them!!! First of all they make it so dificult with special tools for their equipment (for example) and the other day i had to wait 2 weeks for a spoke for my roval mtb wheels.

At our LBS there is a customer with a new specialized mtb. They needed a special tool to take the cranks off. After contacting specialized they say that they have the tools, it costs R4000 but they refuse to sell it to them because they are not specialized dealers.

They did the same thing at my lbs probably about a year ago. There just was no excuse of a recession. If I rmember correctly, it was due to the fact that he wasn't prepared to fork out at least 30 000 a month for specialized. Im not sure exactly what it was, but it sounds similar

If you have to pay for stock up front and you have the wait for 3 months for replacement frames, then try another brand!

Its all the same, they all want the cash but arent prepaired 2give the service to the customers down the line that is required! Its all a mentality we need the wholesaler, they dont need us, which is so far from true lol sorry 4them dude they gonna c their ass like so many others are..... BOOYA

boycot Specialized...... mchinuwam

Very poor excuse imho. One can just drop a call and ask if something is needed and supply accordingly. I think this oke needs his arse kicked!

I asked my LBS if they would supply me with a Specialized and they said no, too much trouble with local supplier. Had my heart set on a Roubaix but I will support my LBS and will buy another brand.

Too bad, great bikes.