Cannondale Synapse

Prince

What do the Cannondale boffins on the Hub think of the Synapse?CAADman2007-04-05 02:56:49

A nice bike if you don't mind the mass. 1800 gram frame, 500 to 600 gram fork, heavy by modern standards. The bike is well priced and designed for comfort, rather than racing, so the handling will be relaxed as well.

There is a new black 53cm frameset on sale on chainreactioncycles.com for R4500, plus free shipping - an excellent deal.

(I'm a non Cannondale fan)

CAADman.

PM Scalpel.  He rode a Synaps for a year.  VERY nice. 

Cannondale's ONLY full carbon frame.

And I don't think it is manufactured in the USA. 

Good feedback. 

Although not a true racing thoroughbred, it can do a 2:42 Argus time. 

Good in my books.

Big%20smile

Weight of the Carbon is quoted as "Hands down, our unique unibody lay-up technique is a stronger, lighter-weight process than the lugged or monocoque designs offered by other manufacturers -1100 grams in a size 56 cm"

Thanks Spinnekop, i currently ride a CAAD 7 which is a fairly harse ride so was wonering where to go if i decide to upgrade. I will PM Scalpel

Like spinnekop said I rode a synapse for a year and I was really surprised by the bike. Before the SYNAPSE I was on a SIX13 so there was a big difference in comfort between the two. The SYNAPSE was maybe a little less responsive than the SIX13, but nothing to write home about. This howevr can be expected as this bike has a completely different geometry, built for comfort. There is a couple of different SYNAPSE models available. I had the SYNAPSE 1. All carbon with SI cranks. Most of the SYNAPSE bikes sold in SA is SYNAPSE 3. They use normal cranks in the oversized BB and are slightly heavier than the 1. If you spend a lot of time in the saddle, this is the bike for you. My old bike with Campag record and EASTON Tempest 2 wheels is just over 7kg in weight.

I would rather buy the System Six. There is currently a R 1000-00 price difference between the SIX13 and the System Six. This is for the frame, fork and SI crankset.

To me this is a no brainer. Then there is also that bargain Sytem Six floating around on the hub.

I spoke to the guys at Johnson cycles who said the Six 13 will most probably be discontinued in favour of the System Six and the current price difference between the two frames is quite small anyway?

I spoke to the guys at Johnson cycles who said the Six 13 will most probably be discontinued in favour of the System Six and the current price difference between the two frames is quite small anyway?

Well.  This is a no brainer.

Will PM you.

CAADMAN there is currently no talk to discontinue the SIX13. However due to the good price that the CANNONDALE System Six is selling for in SA at the moment it is not worthwile selling the SIX13 in SA.