Suntour XCR fork.

ZeroPlay

Hi.

The Silverback Phoenix I just got comes with a Suntour XCR fork.  Does anyone know how to adjust these?

It has a rotating adjuster dial on the left side (top) which has a + and - direction.  I assume this is preload.  When I turn it in the + direction, I can keep turning and turning (with an audible click once per revolution), but it doesn't seem to make any difference to the preload.

Thanks for any help.

My experience of Suntour forks - Dead  Don't buy anything with a Suntour fork.  It is cheap crap that cannot be serviced at all.  Maybe I'm wrong about your XCR, but the SR that was on my GT, only lasted 1 year.

I've got a Suntour fork on my Silverback Dakota and its way better than the Rockshox Judy J3 that came with the Silverback Sierra.

I've got 3 Silverbacks, the first was an Oakland, but that was cheap and the Suntour on that was pretty useless although it felt fine at the time. As you invest in better equipment so you begin to think the original was ***.

Now I've got a full susp GT with a Rockshox Pilot 

I can keep turning and turning..... but it doesn't make any difference

Thats how a suntour fork works..ConfusedLOL

I've got a Suntour fork on my Silverback Dakota and its way better than the Rockshox Judy J3 that came with the Silverback Sierra.

I've got 3 Silverbacks' date=' the first was an Oakland, but that was cheap and the Suntour on that was pretty useless although it felt fine at the time. As you invest in better equipment so you begin to think the original was ***.

Now I've got a full susp GT with a Rockshox Pilot 
[/quote']

Agreed Steve, when my Suntour SR was brand new, it was an excellent fork as it was way better than the fork I had before thatBig%20smile

It did not last very long though and no-one in Cape Town can service it.  That sucks!Angry

My 2004 GT 1.0 came with a Suntour XCR-PRO. I was realyl impressed: although its heavy, it was quite plush, and responsive, and the lockout was perfect. However, my wife has a Suntour entry level fork on her Rincon and it sucks! doesnt seem to do anything.