Start point of Giro Del Capo Hill TT?

A few of us are trying to measure our climbing against the Giro guys by doing the Signal Hill TT course, but we are struggling to find the exact start.  At the moment we use the zebra crossing outside Camps Bay High School as the start, but that seems to give a longer distance than on the Giro info.

Does anyone know/have photo's so that we can know for sure? 

I have the polar profile... Think it starts in the parking lot at the school... Spinnekop, Phen, Admin, TitusT(it) will be able to give you exact info.

Thanks Jason, the polar profile will be great if you have it handy!  I feared that it might start there, but how is possible that DG can do it in 12 minutes and I can barely break 19?!  Must be wrong. Surely...

The parking lot just after the high school is where it starts. Be sure to exit the parking lot at the top exit driveway and u should be within 20m of the exact distance if not 100% accurate.

PS: U might wanna quit cycling after doing that hill climb - this is normal, ignore it and the symptoms will pass when u regain consciousness and ur heart starts beating again.

Brain damage has been reported by some due to the severity of this endevour but only patients who ride a bike need worry about this.

Good luck

Why is it so "blue" in the background?  Did someone mess up the exposure on the camera? smiley36.gif

Why is it so "blue" in the background?  Did someone mess up the exposure on the camera? smiley36.gif

It's da ocean man!  Met vissies en elke ding.

Marvelous sight when we climbed out of the cloud cover into the sun....overlooking the city....

Very Pretty.

It's da ocean man!  Met vissies en elke ding.

OK, so die mense h?lle het hom gaat baaisiekel daa by die GROOT dam h?.

Thanks for the info guys (and the perfect pic Spinnekop).  Looks like we started at the wrong parking lot!  Should knock of, oh about 40 seconds...

Still not even under 18 minutes!  Lots of work to do.

I promised a mate of mine I can get the info within minutes on the Hub and you guys came though!!!  He is amazed.

Willehond I sent it... I also have the car version... Ave speed of 50kph, let me know if you want that one as well...ehehe

PB 13: 54 LOL  (open roads)

Yeah, so? I got a PB of 13:35, it doesn't count until you've done it on the Giro though, that's when your legs are in proper climbing form.