PPA/Commissairs/DQ's & WL-rule

Poison Ivy

When asked for a race report I received the following this morning.  Ermm  I'm now very confused here.

Disqualification: Malmesbury league event

The following reply was received from the commissaires:

“Ek was teenwoordig tydens die vergadering waar daar besluit is dat dit verpligtend is vir amptenare om na alle A & B gradeerde wedrenne verslae te voltooi. Gebrek hieraan mag aanleiding gee tot dissiplin?re aksie teen die amptenaar.
PPA liga wedrenne is nie sodanig gegradeer nie en daarom is wedren-verslae nie verpligtend nie.”

<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

And from an earlier email received from the commissaires:

“Ek het die aangeleentheid met die span geopper en die span volstaan by die diskwalifikasie van die ryers met nommers soos wat deurgegee is.”

“Die span voel dat hulle streng by die spesiale PPA re?l gehou het dat geen ryer oor die witlyn mag ry nie. Hierdie is duidelik vooraf aan die ryers gekommunikeer en is streng nagevolg.”

A meeting will take place in the near future (before Mykonos) with the officials, where issues raised around the Malmesbury event will be discussed.

Kind regards

Karin

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

do we know how many ppl were DQ'ed yet Poison?? and have the Ppl that were DQ'ed recieved letters or emails to let them know?? I have not recieved anything so would just like to know where I stand in all of this..

What do they mean???? How did they then address the appeals for the Malmesbury race?

PPA liga wedrenne is nie sodanig gegradeer nie en daarom is wedren-verslae nie verpligtend nie.?

You need SACF licenses to race the leaque,right?

We all know that this is a issue.

I suggest the following:

When a Race Referee or Comm or who ever that "control or manage" a group of riders, gets a Load Healer.

He / She than use that to call the riders number and the Rider needs to aknoledge that he take note of the warning or DQ, by lifting his/her Arm into the Air.

The official than note down the "position" (or km into the race" were it happened , comminicate it to the Race caravan, and the DQ or Warned cyclist have to report to the Race Caravan at the finish within a certain time after he/shefinish.

Here the nessesary paperwork get filled in and the rider eccept his fait.

He was warned on route, he did aknowledge it at that point in time, and he cannot argue afterwards.

Do I miss something?

yesss, the rider gives the Official a big fat Zap sign when he is called out and don't sign the paperwork, what then??

When asked for a race report I received the following this morning.  Ermm  I'm now very confused here.

Disqualification: Malmesbury league event

The following reply was received from the commissaires:

?Ek was teenwoordig tydens die vergadering waar daar besluit is dat dit verpligtend is vir amptenare om na alle A & B gradeerde wedrenne verslae te voltooi. Gebrek hieraan mag aanleiding gee tot dissiplin?re aksie teen die amptenaar.

PPA liga wedrenne is nie sodanig gegradeer nie en daarom is wedren-verslae nie verpligtend nie.?

And from an earlier email received from the commissaires:

?Ek het die aangeleentheid met die span geopper en die span volstaan by die diskwalifikasie van die ryers met nommers soos wat deurgegee is.?

?Die span voel dat hulle streng by die spesiale PPA re?l gehou het dat geen ryer oor die witlyn mag ry nie. Hierdie is duidelik vooraf aan die ryers gekommunikeer en is streng nagevolg.?

A meeting will take place in the near future (before Mykonos) with the officials, where issues raised around the Malmesbury event will be discussed.

Kind regards

Karin

[/quote']

Can someone decode that for me?

He gets suspended because of a rule that say "A rider will obey all rules" they can even add "A rider shall aknowledge if he is warned when trangressing a rule".

Maruis, whatever union the league guys want to form, the rule is still "DO NOT GO OVER THE WHITE LINE"

And riders vee hulle gat af aan dit. Dink jy 'n race marchell DQ of Report iets wat nie gebeur het.

Nee, Fietsryers ry soos idiote in funrides, .. en jy weet dit.

Hulle ****** moan net agterna en probeer hul optrede regverdig.

Skors die bliksems, kry hulle uit die system. Ons is mos grootmense wat die land beheer en regeer, maar sit ons op 'n bicycle en ons raak so dom soos 'n aap.

(sorry aap)

Fietsry het nie ryers nodig wat reels breek en dan agterna te wil stof opskop.

Bly by die huis en gaan speel rolbal of kyk TV.

amen !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

do we know how many ppl were DQ'ed yet Poison?? and have the Ppl that were DQ'ed recieved letters or emails to let them know?? I have not recieved anything so would just like to know where I stand in all of this..

Sorry Marius, I'm also still in the dark as to who all the riders were.  I'm only aware of the first 3.  The rest is still a mystery.

He gets suspended because of a rule that say "A rider will obey all rules" they can even add "A rider shall aknowledge if he is warned when trangressing a rule".

Maruis' date=' whatever union the league guys want to form, the rule is still "DO NOT GO OVER THE WHITE LINE"

And riders vee hulle gat af aan dit. Dink jy 'n race marchell DQ of Report iets wat nie gebeur het.

Nee, Fietsryers ry soos idiote in funrides, .. en jy weet dit.

Hulle ****** moan net agterna en probeer hul optrede regverdig.

Skors die bliksems, kry hulle uit die system. Ons is mos grootmense wat die land beheer en regeer, maar sit ons op 'n bicycle en ons raak so dom soos 'n aap.

(sorry aap)

Fietsry het nie ryers nodig wat reels breek en dan agterna te wil stof opskop.

Bly by die huis en gaan speel rolbal of kyk TV.

amen !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[/quote']

The issue here is that riders DIDN'T ride over the white line, but WERE disqualified. On querying the decision no-one can say where or what the DQ's were for.

Maybe its because they dont want "league's" anymore.

They never had issues like this in the past before "league's".

Maybe they must scrap league riding and get back to what was before.

In those days, you never had a "WHITE LINE ISSUE or something obscure".

If you want to ride league, you get back to the Saturday afternoon WP League rides. It was catered their for the wanne - be pro's

If they scrap the league, the problem will still persist, just in your respective bunches, being A, B, C etc... League riders are just easier to identify, due to two numbers on the back, and a frame number, vs a single number on the back for a normal rider... 

If they scrap the league' date=' the problem will still persist, just in your respective bunches, being A, B, C etc... League riders are just easier to identify, due to two numbers on the back, and a frame number, vs a single number on the back for a normal rider... 

[/quote']

The bunches are almost as bad, but not quite because guttering is not usually a tactic when it is a race against the clock.

It doesn't help to have officials meeting whoo were'nt even there, i.e. standing at the finish line... Officials should use their discretion on this matter. I was dq'ed myself and I'm probably the most sh*t scared person of oncoming traffic... Nobody raced unresponsibilly! We as riders should make a stand, we should set up a structure who can represent us at meetings and be our voice...

We as riders should make a stand' date=' we should set up a structure who can represent us at meetings and be our voice...[/quote']

Totally agree. Here's what I would do if I were you:  get a rider-representative-body together before Mykonos.  State all your grieviances in a memorandum and pitch up in you 100's at Mykonos and just after the start (still in the Neutral zone) stop,  get off your bikes, put them down in the road, block the whole damn tootie that no funrider can get past and have a bloody strike - TdFstyle.....and hand over the memorandum.

And I promise you I'll be there to take the photo's and every news publication, magazine  & TV show etc will get those. 

That specticle will make them think twice.Angry We've all had enough.  What a bloody joke that people must stoop to these levels.

I see a lot of hubbers lately post replies of private communication. While I have my own view about the ethics of such acts I wonder if it's legal to publish it without the consent of the other party?

I see a lot of hubbers lately post replies of private communication. While I have my own view about the ethics of such acts I wonder if it's legal to publish it without the consent of the other party?

It's a public forum, Floyd can't see anything wrong with it.  Its matter of fact posts, not slander.  And it is important to know what's been said.  Why do we need to hide stuff any further?