Which Fork (Help)???

smallrebel

I'm looking to get a new fork and have 3 to choose from:

Rock Shox Reba World Cup or

Manitou R7 Platinum or

Fox Talas RLC

I've heard that the Fox forks gave some problems in the Epic.

I'm round the 100kg's and I'm going to use the fork on my fully and hardtail. Same size frames.

Any comments and what should I lookout for?

It's for XC and Enduro.

I'd say it's going to be between the Fox and Rock Shox, both are pretty damn good. I would use any1 of the two, so go for the one you can get the best deal on. Marius2007-04-10 08:29:11

ps. think the Fox has a better rep than the Rock Shox, it's also more expensive and Must there for be betterWinkLOL

Hey SR

I have had all 3 of the brands you mentioned!

1 - I did not find Fox Talas reliable and spent fair tom on it to maintain and repair it! (Eventually got rid of it)

2 - Manitou make a great shock - As far as I understand though, the representation in the country is really shocking (pun unintended) so if something goes wrong you might get frustrated.

3 - Rock Shox new gen. shox are great! I currently ride a revelation and of all the shocks I have ridden I would vote for the Rock shox. The World Cup Reba is great (had a loan one on my new bike before my revelation arrived) - It's a proven no fuss shock!

My 10 cents!

K

i HAVE the Fox but I think I'd be happier with the Rock Shox cuz it has PopLock remote switch on the handle bar, think that's a nice little feature.Thumbs%20Up Marius2007-04-10 08:37:30

Don't they say the Reba flex because it's so light? The March issue  of What Mountain Bike has got a review on the Rock Shox range.

ja...and SmallRebel made his DT Swiss Rims flex this weekend...looked like a simba chippyLOL

starclassic: How's the Revelation? Is it working better than the Reba? See it's got 100mm upto 130mm travel. My current fork hase 80mm upto 140mm, but I think it help in the flexing of the DT rim this weekend. Marius were's the photo?

As a matter of interest. You do not mention Marzocchi. What is the opion on them compared to these?

photo??? of what, you're big ass or the rim you broke cuz you picked up 7kg's over 3weeks????LOLWink will see if I can post it tomorrow.

I prefer it to the Reba - I am bigger than most race snakes (Damn their little 65 kg frames)  :) 

The Revelation is Awesome - Pop lock, adjustable travel to suit your riding conditions. It is a fantastic fork, and hardy! 3900km off road, not one hassle!

K

for 100kg rider a RS Revelation would be a better option.

Magura Wotan would be reallynice if you can get one

As a matter of interest. You do not mention Marzocchi. What is the opion on them compared to these?

I had a look at those before I looked at Fox and Rock Shox. The Marzocchi is beter I was told and wins the looks department hands down! Problem is I did not see any in the Bike shops I was going toOuch