Bore tour

Aicorner

Sorry' date=' the sprinters are not "playing chess" (but even if they were watching a 3 week chess game would be boring).  The only tactical question at the moment is whether the break will work or whether Cav will win. Ho hum, another day of "1 minute for every 10km"

Sorry, its also not foreplay.  In my experience (recollection) that term refers to increasing tittilation building to an explosive climax.  Not increasing boredom whcih makes anything different appear exciting.

I hope I'm wrong and the predicitons of Schlecks/Evans attacking or today being the day are good because I'm so frutrated I'm almost ready to ride a bicycle myself.  

[/quote']

You mean you did not see Cannotfinish Cavendish glaring at Nicholas Roche regarding comments his father (Stephen Roche) made on TV about him?

<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

I guess if you find watching a grown man glaring at another one about something the other ones daddy said exciting, then I guess it is a wonderfull tour!!! Clap

CryI don't think it is living up to the Hype that we expected at all!!!!!Cry
drjakes2009-07-18 07:28:01

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Patience is boring ...

I don't think one needs a point to rant in the rant 'n rave section.

No question previous races were more exciting (come to think of it, the most exciting ones were before radios...)

This year's tour is boring - I'm off to watch it now but only 'coz its better than working on a Friday afternoon.

Patience is boring ...

I don't think one needs a point to rant in the rant 'n rave section.

No question previous races were more exciting (come to think of it' date=' the most exciting ones were before radios...)

This year's tour is boring - I'm off to watch it now but only 'coz its better than working on a Friday afternoon.
[/quote']

This I agree with completely! Radios have ruined racing - that and 9 man teams.

The radioless stage was pathetic - either the riders were on a spiteful go slow to dicredit the anti radio movement or they were like sheep without a leader.

Radios and large teams allow for too much control. 6 man teams and no radios will make for action, action, action. If they're worried about safety give everyone an ear piece and allow a single "safety officer" to relay safety messages or (like I do) read the race card for yourself and decide where the danger areas will be.

Nobody is holding a gun to your head and forcing you to watch. I love watching the tour, even when it seems the result of stage is inevitable, there is still the chance of an upset. The next few days are going to see some guys putting their cards on the table ito GC. It is going to be fantastic

I know I don't have to watch. I like to watch but get disapointed when its not what it could be.  Public expression (and criticism) of views is one of the reasons for forums like this.

I think all the arguments in support of this years tour (its long, its tactical, etc) have been shown to re-inforce the fact that its boring.

Okay, now I really will go & watch.

the orginizers planned this stages like this to ensure mr amstrong can stay in it. If there was more mountain stage tops, he would've been kis boude at this stage.

So, for TV interest, the only way of getting him through the race is to do this.

well even LA reckons is boring

"St13 done. Wet and cold. And slightly boring. Can't remember a day this cold in the TdF. Ever. Team was solid and controlled things well. via @Lancearmstrong"

the orginizers planned this stages like this to ensure mr amstrong can stay in it. If there was more mountain stage tops' date=' he would've been kis boude at this stage.

So, for TV interest, the only way of getting him through the race is to do this.[/quote']

what bs. the route was palnned long before lance even said he was going to ride.

I have never watched to TDF. This year I haven't missed a minute. I must admit that it is getting a bit boring! Tactics do play a role, but please, start with something! smiley13.gif

I agree, dead boring so far.

On the plus side, I start to watch, last 10 minutes and I am fast asleep, - so getting in an extra two hours of sleep every day has made me feel like a new man.!

Give me the Giro d'Ilalia anyday over this yawner.!!

Bored is just an excuse for being "unfocused" or unobserevant.

Can any of you bored fellas lip read or notice the other riders?

1. Did u manage to catch what Hushvod said to Peter Velits on the finish line today?

2. Peter Velits, thats the chap who won Giro del Cap a few years ago and whose brother Martin (also rides for Milram) won 94.7 a few years ago and both rode for SA team Konica Minolta.

3. Some riders had long finger gloves on today, quite understandably except that the stage winner did not wear any gloves.

Still awake Porks n co?

Watch Sundays stage to Verbier... will try make sure it's an exciting finishEvil%20Smile

Wink

1. Did u manage to catch what Hushvod said to Peter Velits on the finish line today?

2. Peter Velits' date=' thats the chap who won Giro del Cap a few years ago and whose brother Martin (also rides for Milram) won 94.7 a few years ago and both rode for SA team Konica Minolta.

3. Some riders had long finger gloves on today, quite understandably except that the stage winner did not wear any gloves.

Still awake Porks n co?

Watch Sundays stage to Verbier... will try make sure it's an exciting finishEvil%20Smile

Wink

[/quote']

For the last two days I had fallen asleep at about 30km to go. Then woken up in time for the last 2 km - in time to notice number 1,2 & 3 mentioned on the line.

I don't blame the route or riders. (ok Sean Kelly & David Harmon can take a lot of blame for that Wink)

But until this stage there is not a lot that I would remember as a hard classic day or event.

Looking forward to the rest.

2. Peter Velits' date=' thats the chap who won Giro del Cap a few years ago and whose brother Martin (also rides for Milram) won 94.7 a few years ago and both rode for SA team Konica Minolta.

Still awake Porks n co?

Wink

[/quote']

Hmm, okay, I am not interested in local cycling so didnt know about Mr Velits riding here. Actually the event so far reminds me a bit of local racing and why I dont interest myself with it, - gun go's, a few attacks, all ride in a bunch and sprint for the last 200 metres for a win, same protocol just a differant crowd and distance.

At a local level I expect its considered quite thrilling, but at tour level its quite tedious. 

I shall be sure to watch out for the glove issue, I expect this to keep me awake for at least another 30 minutes.Big%20smile

Relax boet' date=' if you watch closely you will notice that the flat stages, or the boring ones as you refer to them, are actually the stages where the sprinters are playing chess with each other.  With every sprint finish the teams try different tactics against Highroad.  Yesterday was particularly interessting, as they followed a tactic that almost worked, but Cavendish was still too fast.  Altough I canot wait for today's stage in the mountains, I am also looking forward to the next sprint stage too see if the teams can outwit Highroad with the sprint finish. - Very exiting stuff.Thumbs%20Up[/quote']

Nope it was boring ...

Today we'll see a different chess game with the climbers.  You can be sure that the Schlecks' date=' or at least one of them, will attack today and Evans will surely go with them, can't wait longer, and then the sparks will fly, because Astana will not allow it. - Very exiting stuff.Thumbs%20Up
[/quote']Nope, nothing happened. Nothing at all!

The most exciting events of todays stage so far is Jens having a wobble because the neutral car didn't perform. Maybe they fell asleep as well...

No wait, Moreau has gone off the front. He must think that he has a chance to get across to the lead group. Great stuff, some attacking racing. ...

Oh no, wait, he has gone ahead so that he can spend some time with his wife while the peloton ambles by. So tough is the racing ..... 

Just heard that the riders have been shot at with pellet guns on a previous stage. Guess the kids must have agreed that it was just too boring and tried to get the cyclist to get a move on.