alberto's loyal lieutenant?

Tumbleweed

Why? If the dog got hungry and took a chunk out of him all it would get would be some skin' date=' a fair amount of bone and some sinew to top things off. Not very nourishing if you ask me.
[/quote']

Perhaps not very nutritious, but I can guarantee you that the dog will suddenly be able to pull of people trapped in the mountains three at a time, compared to one one like the other dogs LOL

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

couldn't go with him even if he wanted to. Didn't stop him or steroid Kloden from chasing though.

Finally' date=' someone said it.
When AC went I would have expected LA and AK to sit on and make the Shleck bunch chase...but not a chance LA instructed AK to ride "Tempo" (!)[/quote']

Isn't it better tactics what they did. They kinda kept the bunch back while Contador went, gave him more time for a bigger gap and only after a while did the rest of the boytjies go chase. And when they did, Lance still couldn't go with them.

Isn't it better tactics what they did. They kinda kept the bunch back while Contador went, gave him more time for a bigger gap and only after a while did the rest of the boytjies go chase. And when they did, Lance still couldn't go with them.

WW sure if they did ride Tempo, which they didn't! I've never seen a guy ride Tempo with LA's grimmace. He was at max. LA should have hung back and made the other GC guys Chase...in true LA fashion, he couldn't be second.

Guest colonel

Its perfect tactics when you get shelled and cant hold the pace.

couldn't go with him even if he wanted to. Didn't stop him or steroid Kloden from chasing though.

Finally' date=' someone said it.
When AC went I would have expected LA and AK to sit on and make the Shleck bunch chase...but not a chance LA instructed AK to ride "Tempo" (!)[/quote']

Fact or figment of imagination?

If I'm not mistaken AK and LA did not chase, it was the other riders like Schlecks, Sastre, Wiggins, Nibali, Evans who tried first to catch AC,  LA / AK tried to catch them...

Finally' date=' someone said it. When AC went I would have expected LA and AK to sit on and make the Shleck bunch chase...but not a chance LA instructed AK to ride "Tempo" (!)[/quote']

?

?

If I'm not mistaken AK and LA did not chase, it was the other riders like Schlecks, Sastre, Wiggins, Nibali, Evans?who tried first to catch AC,? LA / AK tried to catch them...

?

Sorry SwissVan, LA was chasing, if he wasn't he would've gone to the back. LA and AK provided a perfect launch pad for FS , BW, VN and CS to jump them after they'd paced for 2.5km. If you want to see LA not chasing watch how he handled the George Hincapie day, he pulled the whole of Astana off the front, he didn't stick three guys up front to ride "TEMPO".

?

?

?

?

t not a chance LA instructed AK to ride "Tempo" (!)

If I'm not mistaken AK and LA did not chase' date=' it was the other riders like Schlecks, Sastre, Wiggins, Nibali, Evans who tried first to catch AC,  LA / AK tried to catch them...

[/quote']

You must have started watching late....

Wiggins and them only went with about 3km to go. LA went to the front as soon as Contador jumped.  I'm sure he will say he was slowing down the pace or something like that. Then his buddy joined him at the front.

*sighs' date=' and thinks to herself...lucky doggy..*

[/quote']

Dirt Girl, I'm with you on this one....Contador can just look at met once with those big "come-and-get-me-eys" of his and I'll turn into jelly Embarrassed Embarrassed Wink Wink

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh' date=' it's still a puppy!![/quote']

here's a better pic of himBig%20smile

20090720_034222_loyal_2.jpg

Look at the dog eyeing his "package"WinkWinkWinkWinkWink

Plenty of days left in the alps boys. Take nothing away from contador. No disputing that AC is the best tour rider in the world. Lets see how consistent the boys ride in the mountains. I think yesterday was the last test within Astana. Teamleader is sorted out now. But....... dont write king armstrong off yet......

If I'm not mistaken AK and LA did not chase' date=' it was the other riders like Schlecks, Sastre, Wiggins, Nibali, Evans who tried first to catch AC,  LA / AK tried to catch them...

[/quote']

Fact is LA did not chase AC down nor did he lead anyone to AC, neither did Kloden. Yes they rode as fast as they could but that was not even fast enough to keep the gap constant let alone close the gap. 

Race report from Cycling news for the stage, I guess they missed LA leading the others back to AC as well...:

16:57 CEST

Fr?nk Schleck tries something, marked by Contador. Armstrong jst behind.

Yes! Contador attacks! Andy Schleck tries to follow. The race is finally on!

16:58 CEST

Armstrong does not respond. he looks around at Fr?nk Schleck, Wiggins, etc. to chase.

17:00 CEST

Evans is there, too, but doesn't look like he can do any chasing. Andy Schleck is still between the Armstrong group and Contador.

SwissVan2009-07-20 06:37:52

[/quote']

Fact is LA did not chase AC down nor did he lead anyone to AC, neither did Kloden. Yes they rode as fast as they could but that was not even fast enough to keep the gap constant let alone close the gap. 

Race report from Cycling news for the stage, I guess they missed LA leading the others back to AC as well...:

Fr?nk Schleck tries something, marked by Contador. Armstrong jst behind.

Yes! Contador attacks! Andy Schleck tries to follow. The race is finally on!

16:58 CEST

Armstrong does not respond. he looks around at Fr?nk Schleck, Wiggins, etc. to chase.

17:00 CEST

Evans is there, too, but doesn't look like he can do any chasing. Andy Schleck is still between the Armstrong group and Contador.

Correct. The only odd thing is that when Sastre and co went after Frank, why did it take Klodi so long to tell Lance goodbye and go across to them? He clearly had the strength? Oh, sorry, Johan. nevermind...

To be honest, I was shocked that LA had the ride that he did yesterday. I've maintained all along that he's got something big up his sleeve and there is no way he is going to wait around for Contador.

Boy was I wrong! LA was in big trouble on that climb.

Back to the dog...SO CUTE!

We went to the Dome yesterday for the Pet Expo, and they had St Bernard Pups there! Awesome dogs!

Cool Swiss, we obviously ride a race differently, if my team mate goes up the rode I don't ride as hard as I can behind him when the other guys don't immediately take up the chase, providing a platform for them to counter me! Generally I go to the back and watch as they reclaim a race that is busy running away from them! Then attack them when they have nothing left. but hey, I'm not LA, I'm a TEAM player.