Ringle

ChrisH

Anyone know anything about Ringle MTB hubs? Are they good, bad or indifferent?

I am looking at a wheel set with Z355 rims and Ringle hubs from Cycle Factory Warehouse in CTN.

TitusTi I would value your opinion if you would be so kind even though these are your matesSmile

ChrisH - if you don't mind me asking, ballpark figure - what you looking at for the wheelset?

Want to upgrade myself soon, and am trying to get an idea of what I should be spending...

Ringles hubs are great! Really hardy and well built! A couple of my mates ride with em, and have had no problems!

Thanks Chris!

Do you know which Ringle hub model specifically?

Super Duper Bubba? Son of Bubba [i kid you not!]? Country Flea?

I have had no problems, except for the freebody bearings collapsing from time to time. Could have been a bad batch of bearings. the last set has done the epic without a problem. I must also add that I am quite heavy 92Kg and I also seem to eat drivetrains.

They are also super easy to service and replace bearings yourself. R 16.00 per bearing.

Hey Dick,

What Ringle hubs do you have on?

I'm no lightweight - I need something real strong!

Ta!

ChrisH.....I have a pair of the Super Duper Bubba hubs on my GT. Had them for 10yrs. They haven't done 10yrs worth of miles, but nonetheless, no problems.

My boet had the same hubs on his previous steed and is currently running a Flea on the back of his Scalpel....no major problems. Only hiccup was that one rr bearing croaked after a month but they were prepared to warrenty it.

Great hubs and very sexy. Pity they don't do all the cool colours no more....only black

Rod Ti, I am Running Dirt Flea's with ZTR rims. Bullet proof for sure. I have had two nipples break on the rear wheel, but as heavy as I am and as hard as what I am on the rest of the bike, this is very acceptable.

I used to break spokes and pull nipples through on my road bike as well. Being fat is a bugger.

Hey Chris H

I have a set of Ringle on my MTB and they are really awesome.  the front I never even changed bearings for about 4 years, and they never had a problem.  The back I had one or two problems with, but I think that may have been user induced error rather than a problem with the hubs specifically.

Can't go wrong with the Ringle's, although I don't know what the compbarable competitors' hubs cost.

A friend of mine is running them and so far they seem to be ok.

Hehe,

Having said that, the bearings in the rear hub had to be replaced and they are only 5 months old.

These are the Dirty Flea's right? Basically it's a Tune hub made by Ringle, I think they're pretty cool, been looking at getting a set for myself at some point as well, cheaper than the Hugi's and close to the same reliability.

My new wheels are fantastic!!

Stans ZTR355 tubeless rims with DT Swiss comp spokes laced to Ringle Dirtyflea hub. The wheel set is only 900 grams lighter than the previous set ,but wow, what a difference losing 900g of rotational weight makes.

I can't believe the difference these wheels have made to the bike. Accelerating in the single-track used to be so sluggish and such hard work, now I just apply what by comparison feels like a small amount of pressure to the pedals and the bike rockets forward. The wheels are rigid and smooth, and better still make the coolest 'brrrrrrr' sound when I free wheel. And they free wheel for miles.