Durbanville Area Roadies

dommisse

Ja, I'm from Lagoon Beach if I'm at my place and Kirstenhof when I'm at the missus's place. This ride is looking like a go unless the weather turns viciously *** for me. (In which case it'll be surfing in Betty's Bay in offshore waves... Win either way!)

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ja, I'm from Lagoon Beach if I'm at my place and Kirstenhof when I'm at the missus's place. This ride is looking like a go unless the weather turns viciously *** for me. (In which case it'll be surfing in Betty's Bay in offshore waves... Win either way!)

Cool!

Hope to see you and the Scott.

It's such a stunning route, eh?

No waterpolo for me and riding in the rain.

Cycling is a summer sport. :blush:

Keen for the ride on the 28th! Will confirm closer to the time.

Better get some training in those legs, eh, otherwise it can be a long hard day in the saddle, r0adrunnersa.

Go for 3 hr plus rides. :thumbup:

See you hopefully, then.

Load your diary, eh?

BASE TRAINING RIDE ON SATURDAY 28 APRIL

Paarl - du Toitskloof Pass - Bainskloof Pass - Wellington

121 km

1800 m+ ascent

23 - 25 km/h avg.

DQ for any big blade moves. ^_^

Wheels roll at 06h30 from Paarl Mall parking lot.

Bring food and tech spares as there is merely a tuck shop along the way.

Bring arm warmers and/or gilet as it can be chilly in the early AM shadow of the Drakenstein Mountains.

Have a front and rear light for visibility.

How long do you think the ride will take, i have a lesson at 11:30. really want to ditch my club ride and come do this. :devil: :whistling:

How long do you think the ride will take, i have a lesson at 11:30. really want to ditch my club ride and come do this. :devil: :whistling:

Josh,

My personal training objective is to be at the car park in sub 5 hrs.

There are several riders from varying levels of endurance intending to do the ride.

It is likely that there will be a faster group and a slower group.

DC 2012 Training Ride on Saturday 28 April, 6h30 from Paarl Mall

121 km

1800 m+ ascent

23 - 25 km/h avg.

Bring arm warmers and/or gilet as it can be chilly in the early AM shadow of the Drakenstein Mountains.

http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/MSNBC/Components/Photo/_new/pb-110721-tour-jb-02.photoblog900.jpg

Anyone going out tomorrow? (21 April) :whistling:

Keen for some LSD with company, otherwise I'm going for a solo..... :thumbdown:

Drop me a PM - not much on thehub lately :ph34r:

Edited by Tiny K

Enjoying gents... Wish I was there, but alas.... training hard and fast out here as our season starts to gather a bit of momentum :) Bought bloody time, gone through a couple of sets of rubber on the Indoor Trainer :) Tiny K... come on over here I will do a Sunday ride with you, but you gotta get here, the Cheshire Lanes Sportive tomorrow morning 6am :)

Enjoying gents... Wish I was there, but alas.... training hard and fast out here as our season starts to gather a bit of momentum :) Bought bloody time, gone through a couple of sets of rubber on the Indoor Trainer :) Tiny K... come on over here I will do a Sunday ride with you, but you gotta get here, the Cheshire Lanes Sportive tomorrow morning 6am :)

Don't think the flight will land in time for me to make the ride man. Maybe next time? ;) :P

It's been a while - what you been up to other than the IDT? Did you buy IDT specific rubber for it? ie an actual IDT trainer tyre. I have not gone through one yet, then again, I have only used it twice..... maybe three times. *** boring! I would rather ride in the dark than on the IDT. LOL! You have to sub zero temp to have to deal with too.

Keep well and come visit sometime :thumbup:

- CANCELLED DUE TO LOW NUMBERS -

DC 2012 Training Ride on Saturday 28 April, 6h30 from Paarl Mall

121 km

1800 m+ ascent

23 - 25 km/h avg.

http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/MSNBC/Components/Photo/_new/pb-110721-tour-jb-02.photoblog900.jpg