Durbanville Area Roadies

dommisse

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We try ride every saturday am leaving at 8am, 6 or so of us, average about 25 to 28kmph we ride anything fromĀ  60 to 100kms depending on how we feel, send me a pm.

We try ride every saturday am leaving at 8am' date=' 6 or so of us, average about 25 to 28kmph we ride anything fromĀ  60 to 100kms depending on how we feel, send me a pm.[/quote']

Ā 

From where do you guys ride and are slow riders allowed to join the group?

We sometimes drive to kuilsriver and then go to rooiels and backĀ  or we leave from theĀ  Durmonte robots (on wellington rd) and ride paarlĀ  or wellington or malmesbuty or stellies, welcome to join, i have just got back into road riding myself so i am struggling at the moment so 28 average for me is hard. the more the merrier.

Onetime

Ā 

Dont you stay out my way in the world?

Ā 

In about two weeks time or so I may start cycling with some guys in durbanville to do some dc training. I rode with them last year, but I would always drive there.

Ā 

It may be nice to cycle there though if I have someone to go with.

Ā 

What you think?

Ā 

Do you know what the outriders are planning at all?

Ā 

Maybe we can join the groups up together, it is always awesome to have lots of people on the road, feels like we own the road then! smiley36.gif

We sometimes drive to kuilsriver and then go to rooiels and backĀ  or we leave from theĀ  Durmonte robots (on wellington rd) and ride paarlĀ  or wellington or malmesbuty or stellies' date=' welcome to join, i have just got back into road riding myself so i am struggling at the moment so 28 average for me is hard. the more the merrier.[/quote']

Ā 

Let me know when the next ride is and I will join you guys then.smiley9.gif

Onetime

Ā 

Ā 

In about two weeks time or so I may start cycling with some guys in durbanville to do some dc training. I rode with them last year' date=' but I would always drive there.

Ā 

Ā 

What you think?

Ā 

Ā 

Maybe we can join the groups up together, it is always awesome to have lots of people on the road, feels like we own the road then! [img']https://assets.bikehub.co.za/legacy_images/smilies/smiley36.gif[/img]

Ā 

Yeah I do live in your valley. Thing is you guys are a bit fast for me. I'm a bit of a slowpoke.

Onetime, pm me your number, i personally am in knysna for the weekend but the guys will definately be riding then i will pass your number on to them.

Ā 

Onetime

Ā 

Ā 

In about two weeks time or so I may start cycling with some guys in durbanville to do some dc training. I rode with them last year' date=' but I would always drive there.

Ā 

Ā 

What you think?

Ā 

Ā 

Maybe we can join the groups up together, it is always awesome to have lots of people on the road, feels like we own the road then! [img']https://assets.bikehub.co.za/legacy_images/smilies/smiley36.gif[/img]

Yeah I do live in your valley. Thing is you guys are a bit fast for me. I'm a bit of a slowpoke.

Ā 

ya ya.

Ā 

I know you by now. smiley2.gif

Ā 

You never had Mike moaning at you at koeberg for going to slow! smiley36.gif

Ā 

Well let me know if you are keen on joining me for some durbanville rides.

Ā 

cool

It will be great to get some more guys (hey gals too) to ride with. udxcob2009-08-03 12:23:15

It will be great to get some more guys (hey gals too) to ride with.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Udx

Ā 

Are you keen to join the guys for the dc training?

Ā 

Very slow easy miles.

Ā 

Starts off with like 60km, slowly build up every weekend all the way to 180 eventually.

Ā 

Slow riding.

Ā 

There is some older guys as well.

Ā 

Did I mention slow riding?

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

No, its not that bad!

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Let me know.

It will be great to get some more guys (hey gals too) to ride with.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Udx

Ā 

Are you keen to join the guys for the dc training?

Ā 

Very slow easy miles.

Ā 

Starts off with like 60km' date=' slowly build up every weekend all the way to 180 eventually.

Ā 

Slow riding.

Ā 

There is some older guys as well.

Ā 

Did I mention slow riding?

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

No, its not that bad!

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Let me know.[/quote']

Ā 

What time are you guys looking at doing for the DC?

sub finish ? smiley5.gif

Ā 

Last year it was a 9 hour

Ā 

But alot of time was wasted at the stops though.

Ā 

8 hours is a nice easy realistic goal that any cyclist can do.

Ā 

The guys in durbanville put two teams in last year a slightly faster and a slightly slower team.

Ā 

I rode in the slower one just to chill and enjoy the event.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

It is not always about racing. Sometimes it is amazing just being out there to enjoy the day and the spirit.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

This year I was thinking to race more competitively - like a 6.30 hours or so, but there is so many other races that I do that I may just want to enjoy a nice slow long ride. You get to look around, talk to people. Eat loads of rubbish. Its awesome.

sub finish ? smiley5.gif

Ā 

Last year it was a 9 hour

Ā 

But alot of time was wasted at the stops though.

Ā 

8 hours is a nice easy realistic goal that any cyclist can do.

Ā 

The guys in durbanville put two teams in last year a slightly faster and a slightly slower team.

Ā 

I rode in the slower one just to chill and enjoy the event.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

It is not always about racing. Sometimes it is amazing just being out there to enjoy the day and the spirit.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

This year I was thinking to race more competitively - like a 6.30 hours or so' date=' but there is so many other races that I do that I may just want to enjoy a nice slow long ride. You get to look around, talk to people. Eat loads of rubbish. Its awesome.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

[/quote']

Ā 

Sounds like my kind of ride. (The 6H30)smiley4.gifsmiley4.gifsmiley4.gif

if i may i would love to join.

Ā 

looking to do a comfy dc so long rides are bestĀ  done with others.

Ā 

hoping for around the 7hrs in dc (depends on weather and how i feel after bonnievale)

Ā 

keep me posted if interested

cheersĀ  steve

Ā 

stay near the medi-clinic and generally ride alone