Retro Bicycle Thread

Delgado

I would like to start this thread for those afficianados of those bicycles that we rode and appreciated in the land before time! When rep's would scour the landscape for a tickie box to call the office to check messages. By this you can guess I mean our steel companions that graced the roads before the strong weave composite became our reality.

Here we can:

* Look for componentry that may be required on a project.

* Share pics of our steeds

* Ask advice on technical issues

* Organize retro rides where the ticket to the startline are downshifters.

I have numerous steel campanions, some complete and other that are being restored hopefully back to concourse condition. Whilst I have lots of old compponents I still miss some that I will request help on here. I also have stuff that may assist others because I cannot utilize them due to surplus or incorrect sizing.

This may appear on the incorrect thread but as it asks for tech issues, pics, sales etc it is difficult to pinpoint the appropriate forum.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me kickoff with these beauties that I stumbled upon quite by accident! In the darkest corner of a bike shop these were attached to a steel 7 speed Peugeot HLE Mangalloy bike that is in great condition albeit missing the front wheel. The bike is a "Made in France" machine but bought from a shop in Bedford UK. I will post pics of the frame soon but take a look at these...........

20090804_075911_P1016791.jpg

So instead of me posting on the wanted column I could start hunting down that Hanson that I have dreamt of for so long? Medium frame would be wonderful.

You do realise the chance of you winning the Lotto is zip. You've just gone and used up a lifetime of luck just stumbling upon those brakes.

They are a thing of true beauty.

I found a pawnshop in kempton with a few of these old bikes,I went into and found a few good bargans. across the road from the arwyp hospital.

You do realise the chance of you winning the Lotto is zip. You've just gone and used up a lifetime of luck just stumbling upon those brakes.

I could only find one, it found it's way onto my fixie...

I found a pawnshop in kempton with a few of these old bikes' date='I went into and found a few good bargans. across the road from the arwyp hospital.[/quote'] Can you get a list of what they have next time you go by that way? A Hanson would be good so keep your eyes open please.

I found a pawnshop in kempton with a few of these old bikes' date='I went into and found a few good bargans. across the road from the arwyp hospital.[/quote'] Can you get a list of what they have next time you go by that way? A Hanson would be good so keep your eyes open please.

There's a nice steel frame at cajee's in 4way's secondhand section, it does come with old sti's and a cool frame.

Too true mate!! Even more luck that would make you collapse is the price I paid for the whole lot......

There's a nice steel frame at cajee's in 4way's secondhand section' date=' it does come with old sti's and a cool frame. [/quote'] What size frame are you after mate?

Well, this is the right thread. I need to complete my project a 110mm Quill Stem. It needs to fit a 26mm bars. If it has a Tommasini panto, that would be fantastic. The Cinelli that I have at the moment is too big. Here is my project :

20090804_084835_Tommasini_001_s.JPG

del-boy, remember that box of tricks i told you about...it gets better. some of that stuff is really old! there's a rare set of track hubs, a british brand called airsomething (damn, name left me as i was typing), pelissier hubs, campy road hubs...all circa 1960s...oooooooh, and he's got a 60s cinelli track bike too.

Well' date=' this is the right thread. I need to complete my project a 110mm Quill Stem. It needs to fit a 26mm bars. If it has a Tommasini panto, that would be fantastic. The Cinelli that I have at the moment is too big. Here is my project :

Nice bike too...

I have the quil you want with a set of cenelli bars thats to narrow for me.