• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

De Rosa SLX - They don't get much better than this 🤙

I picked up this frame from a year or two ago from @Hennie 15 in a shocking condition. It had been hit by a car and the rear triangle was totally out of alignment and the seat stays badly bent. During my frame building course with David Mecer, I had a chat to him about the possibilities of resurrecting this classic to its former glory. He suggested I bring it in and he and his trusty sidekick Rolf would have a go at cold setting the frame before resorting to a torch and new tubing. I picked up a full Dura-Ace 7400, 8 speed groupset here on Bikehub and this is the finished result... zero tubes replaced and a perfectly aligned frame. Oh the shear joy of steel bikes 😊

One ride on this bike and you'll understand why Ugo De Rosa is classed as the best frame builder of his generation (RIP). It does everything just flawlessly, stiff where it needs to be and yet super complaint on the rough stuff. It's the bike I wished I race in the 90's, a little red rocket ship 🤩

DR1.jpg

DR2.jpg

And that Dura Ace 7400 is just the most perfect 8 speed made. Easy to set up and just keeps on working like clockwork.

19 hours ago, DJR said:

And that Dura Ace 7400 is just the most perfect 8 speed made. Easy to set up and just keeps on working like clockwork.

Absolutely, it's right up there with my favourite groupset of all time, both beautiful and functional 🤙

• 1 month later...