Smallest car to fit 2 boxed MTB's?

straatvark

I'm used to chuck the bikes in the back of the trusty white, long wheel base bakkie and also more a bicycle guy than car fanatic, so here is the  question:

I need to rent a car with the constrain that I must fit two MTB's in boxes in the back. (And two cyclist in the front) Budget is a constraint after I heard what KLM asked per bike Confused

When I use http://www.traveljigsaw.co.za some of the following options.

Opel Meriva

Renault M?gane

Citroen C3

Citroen C4

etc

From the photos on the web the Meriva seems fine. Cant they build a 3D viewer where you can fit squre items of your own dimentions on the web? LOL 

Anyone driving one of the above that can comment from experience please?

thanks

that all depends on the size of your boxes (of course).

if you use plain card board boxes where both wheels have to go and you cut it to a nice size you could use a VW polo. the bigger boxes where one wheel can stay in need a station wagon similar to the size of a VW passat cause they are too long (Audi a4 station wagon would be too small).

The Meriva would be the most versatile. Doesn't it seats fold into the floor of the car to make almost like a panel van?

I could get two MTB's in my Corsa if I lifted the rear seat. So I think the meriva should be fine!

I got a Meriva.  The back seats drop down a bit to give you a flat load bay.  I managed by moving the passenger seat a small bit forward, to fit my road bike(with aero bars) in with out remove the wheels.  The Meriva is narrow but tall, so you would have to fit the boxes in lengthwise and on top of each other.  It the boxes are the type where you remove the wheels you would not have to move the passenger seat forward.  See if you can get hold of the 1.7 TCDI which is really fun to drive.  The 1.4 and 1.6 is a bit slower. <?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

good one one TNT Clap

Thanks Ox Wagon - the Meriva it is then

Big H - does Toyota make something else than bakkies? LOL

Guest Big H

Ek sien jy kom van die Kaapkolonie af so is vergewe my broer!!!!!!!!