The Downhill Thread

DownhillingKing

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably some spoilt kid's, whose daddy is now gonna get him the latest carbon Santa Cruz DH bike.... sorry, my bad, I'm just jealous!

HAHAHAHA,

Saw a pic on PB the other day of a DH race in the UK, and there were 2 kids who couldnt have been more than 13 or 14 and they both had V10's!!!!!!

When I got into DH over a decade ago, my parents thought it was 'a phase', but they still matched me Rand for Rand for my first Bike.

Ah well, if the parents want to spoil their kids it's their bizness. I just think you should start at the bottom and earn your expensive ride. That way it will mean a lot more to you.

The satisfaction of beating people on bikes that cost literally 10 times more than yours is worth all the late nights in the garage, trying to get home made chain devices to work and straightening bent hangers and disks.

The satisfaction of beating people on bikes that cost literally 10 times more than yours is worth all the late nights in the garage, trying to get home made chain devices to work and straightening bent hangers and disks.

Amen. :thumbup:

Couldn't have said it better...

This is my ride at present, still very new to this game so reckon it is an alright entry level bike.

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/268422_2031685763485_1584365642_1878258_7892034_n.jpg

Guest Omega Man

I know this is late notice but there will be trail maintenance at Tokai tomorrow from 2pm. we will be working on the bottom DH section. We will be laying clay on the track and putting in a few rollers and the like.

This is more than likely the last time we will get to do any meaningful maintenance at Tokai this year before it turns into a dustbowl again so bring your shovels and wheelbarrows and let's get digging.

Nice work by all on saturday. Definitely makes the track more fun. That one "water berm" is now a 5 meter step down double! Dont tell PorS .