Want to buy Merida Matts TFS 500

frankiefiggs

I am a new buyer on the MTB scene, and I am interested in buying the Merida Matts TFS 500 D. I just want some opinions from other mountain bikers about it. Especially the breaks on it. It has Avid Juicy 3 185 (disck) is it any good, or bad or average? frankiefiggs2007-04-18 04:46:16

I can't comment on the rest of the bike but I have Juicy 3s on my bike and I love them and that is with 160mm rotors. If you are correct by mentioning the 185mm rotars then you're gonna be thrown over the handlebars, so be carefull the first few times.

Go for it. Made in the East but by the same factory as the Specialized. I have the Matts HFS LX with Vbrake

I love Merida bikes

Having just bought a Merida myself, I'll have to agree with you. Value for money wise I dont think you get much better...

Another thing FF, does it fit you right? When I tried out a Merida they were too "short" for me and they dit not make it in an inch bigger. Check size first before looks and compnents.

frank i bought myself a tfs 800d 5 weeks ago and its a great bike, whats your prize on the tfs 600?

They do make 20" frames so you might be in luck. How tallare you? I'm 182cm and I take a 19".

Thanks for all the responses so far! But can anyone tell me more about the Disc brakes this Merida comes out with. The Juicy 3?  I heard that its better to have decent V-brakes than cheap disc brakes, but does the  juicy 3 qualify as cheap or will they do the job better than V-brakes.