Helmets

andrewbell

always preferred bell's retention system. plus i think they still do the that 30%-of-the-retail replacement guarantee if you wreck it in an accident. so does giro, i think.

Which ever one fits my head the best. At the moment it's a Met because I do not have a big head and buy the stuff that LA or Basso uses.

i have a bell and giro' date=' no problems and both fit well, it's all up to personal preference.[/quote']

? me too, but if you go for the bell, see if you can get a set of pads/cushions for it.

i have a bell and giro' date=' no problems and both fit well, it's all up to personal preference.[/quote']

? me too, but if you go for the bell, see if you can get a set of pads/cushions for it.

i have used the padding on the bell and fits great, i have extra padding that came with the giro, but haven't had to use it.

1hill@atime - agreed: fit on bell is real good, but i've found the padding on the bell wears out faster - except for the huge stuff that came with the faction 'p*ss-pot' helmut 

Yip, go for the Bell - kept my brain in tact in the Argus and they replaced it with 70% discount.

the best helmet for you is the one that fits the best and that you will wear correctly (too many 1d10ts out there either leave the strap loose, or carefully make sure that the helmet is stuck on the back of their head so as to not mess up the hair...)

personally i prefer the bell to the giro (i've had ghisallo then atmos and now sweep R)