Long-ish ride at NF on Sunday

MichH

OK all of you, I'm doing a long-ish ride on Sunday at Northern Farm. I'll be starting at 7:30 and looking to ride for 4 hours. I know Saffa G and a few others are looking for a slower ride, why don't we meet up for a part of the 4 hours?

Dirt rider, I don't have a partner for this long-ish ride, wanna join me for the full 4 hours?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What you will learn

Bike Set up, puncture repair & safety checks

Correct use of gears

Braking

Cornering techniques

Climbing techniques

Descending techniques

Single Track riding techniques

Drop offs

VENUE: Northern Farm

DATE: Sun 22 April 2007

Sun 29 April 2007

TIME: 9am to 12pm

COST: R375.00 Per person

TO BOOK: CLICK HERE

MTB SKILLS COURSE:

LEVEL 1

Pro: Adrian Ilsley

Gavin Pelser

The aim of this course is to introduce the participant to the basic techniques required in off-road mountain biking.

Completion of this course, will equip you with the skills necessary to successfully

ride many of the permissible natural and purpose-built trails in South Africa.

The course will develop your ability and confidence and will also introduce and reinforce safety awareness.

I know I'm not quite as pretty as DR and I don't have a new Morewood, but I'll be there on Saturday!

Wilddog is going to be at NF towards the end of the skills clinic as she wants to talk to the presenters and participants.

If she can ride with her injured wrist , we will be at NF early in order to do a long ride as we are doing Giant's Castle the following Sunday. This will include the area outside the farm.

If her wrist is broken she will drive to NF and I will ride from my place in Northcliff.

Either way I doing a long ride with as many hills as I can find.

Will post my option tomorrow if anyone wants to join me. 

If her wrist is broken she will drive to NF and I will ride from my place in Northcliff.

Either way I doing a long ride with as many hills as I can find.

Will post my option tomorrow if anyone wants to join me. 

Can you let me know, need a long ride before Swazi.

What do you mean broken wrist?!!

She tried to pick up my ego without a crane!

She crashed twice over the Easter weekend and used her hands as impact absorbers. The bruising and swelling went away but not the pain. She went for x rays this morning.

hey, if she's there with injured wrist then i'll be there and use her example as my excuse to the physio if i do further damage! Wink

p.s. i go to physio in 20 mins... let's see if i can get outta this flippin brace......