Action Photo

splat

R84.00 for 3 photos and when they finally arrive, they are creased!!

They were sent in thier normal envelope, with warnings all over it that it contains photos (like the post office cares), but no cardboard - so of course they are bent and creased.

Do I accept that?

Or do I phone them and politly ask for new ones to be sent in a more protective envelope?

Or do I rant and rave and perform and ask for my money back?

Since you pre-paid for these pics, the least Action Photo can do is ensure that they are delivered to you "uncreased".  I also received mine yesterday, also a normal envelope, no cardboard. Mine were ok? Perhaps because mine is a post box delivery? Was your's a home delivery?

I would actually prefer to receive the files via e-mail at a very reduced price and have them printed myself.

Yes, home delivery.

It was inside already when I got home, so I didnt see if it was stuffed into my mailbox or damaged before it got to me.

Not that it matters, Actionphoto pictures are not cheap and a piece of stiff cardboard cant be that expensive? Certainly cheaper that reprinting and resending the pictures.

I seriously doubt I am the only one who recieved bent photos.

I would actually prefer to receive the files via e-mail at a very reduced price and have them printed myself.  

Yes, I thought about that last night. But its all about intelectual property and using the photos elsewhere and all that sort of stuff.

I guess not and not that Action Photo care. I bet you'll battle to get your money back. But that is not the point.  You specifically put that sticker on your helmet because you WANT memories of the day and I would also be severly p'd off if mine were bent and buckled. Phone the buggers, rant and rave and demand that they reprint and resend you memories.  Make a big noise and don't take no for an answer. I hope that all the other people who's pics are also damaged will do the same thing.  Action Photo will never send out our memories without protection.

Just sent a polite email telling them that its unacceptable to send the photos like that and would like them sent again.

Its still early, so it will be a while till I get a response...

Another thing is, they will say they were fine when they mailed it, so you have to take it up with the PO.

Another thing is' date=' they will say they were fine when they mailed it, so you have to take it up with the PO.

[/quote']

Thats easy... just tell then that next time you'll send cash in a clear envelope. If it doesnt arrive they should contact the post office - its not your problem

Another thing is' date=' they will say they were fine when they mailed it, so you have to take it up with the PO.

[/quote']

Thats easy... just tell then that next time you'll send cash in a clear envelope. If it doesnt arrive they should contact the post office - its not your problem

Brilliant!

Yes' date=' I thought about that last night. But its all about intelectual property and using the photos elsewhere and all that sort of stuff.
[/quote']

What about those ordering the Race CD - it's just an expensive way of receiving the files - you can have then printed yourself @ far less than what they charge for additional photos.

I am sure they will replace them, it really just makes good "customer care" sense.

Its such a small amount of money its not worth the "possible" bad publicity. 

I am sure they will replace them' date=' it really just makes good "customer care" sense.

Its such a small amount of money its not worth the "possible" bad publicity. 
[/quote']

That is what I am hoping for...

I can almost guarantee that Action Photo will not answer an e-mail. I have sent 8 mails and phoned them 4 times to resolve a problem. They have no idea of what customer service is, but I guess when you have a monoploy and a captive audience that is to be expected.

Finally after all my attempts, I got Sonya to send me a response that was meaningless. I am still waiting for her reply to mine 2 weeks later. Most of my mails have been very polite, but I am nearing the end of my tether with them.

Mailing the owners of the place got me no further either. Pathetic!!!!

No reply from the email (apart from thier auto reply), so I phoned and got through to Estelle.

She was very polite and helpful. They will re-print them, but they have run out of card board, so she doesnt want to send them until they have that sorted. Silly that they dont have cardboard, but impressed at how willing she was to sort it out ASAP.

Chris H - try again.

That's why I just bought the CD - surely they can't screw that up?