Training for the DC

Evo-R

Hi

This year im hoping to take part in my first DC.

And im absolutly clueless as how to train/prepare for the race.

Any ideas or advive??

Thanks in advanceWink

Your training depends on a few factors

Like how fit you are now?

What time are you aiming for?

and that sort of thing.

I know guys who just throw in a few longer rides (120, 140, & 160km) and they are good to go. For me, the 120km training ride is something to build up to!

Train with your team as much as possible. Make sure that team tactics are clear and you all have the same goals etc. It is a team event and a cohesion on the day is definitely a good thing. eg Some teams only meet each other on the start line - 3 guys bugger off at pace and no one knows that 3 okes stopped to fix a puncture 20km ago, 4 decide to wait and everyone is frustrated. Or you get groups where no one can hold a line or constant speed, let alone set up a pace line of any sorts and it ends up being an individual time trial.

Good luck and enjoy.

Its a great event and really nice course.

Just make sure you have at least a one 130km - 150km ride in a week if you can. If you not fit enough then build up gradually till you get to that distance. You will be sorted in a month or two.

Guest colonel

Get hold of ShortLegs on the forum he is slowly building up to it and he is also a beginner DC rider so he would be a good partner. He also talks alot so you wont be bored on rides.