Raleigh carbon frame quality

CorrieG

A while back somebody mentioned that there was a problem with the quality of the new Raleigh carbon frame. Any more news on this? 

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Big H

No............... but that thread was started by people feeling cheated because they paid top $$$$ for their Spaghetti frames with Garlick groupsets and Samurai wheels that are of worse quality!!!!!!! Makes you think doesnt it????????

Corrie.

Talk to the MTN/Microsoft team.  Heard they had a few broken ones.  Haven't seen any yet.....

Guest Big H

Corrie, please do yourself a favour and contact the correct person. You will not get the correct answer here as people are biased.

Previously posted by Brandon:-

Any consumer that would like to discuss this issue and recieve info on the number of bikes sold vs failure rate along with details of vendors who manufacture for Raleigh and other leading brands are welcome to call me directly - Brandon Els. MD Raleigh - 083 458 5552.

Guest Big H
ClapHugClapHugClapHugClapHugClapHugClapHugClapHugClapHug................. teee heeee !!!!!! Thanx lefty I wanted to say that, but was being cautious of being branded being a bigot, biased, preferential, trying to force others to think like the Big H, (tee hee I typed Nig H but corrected it!!!!!) scaring other so they feel intimidated ...........etc etc etc the list is endless!!!!!!!!!

Well, luckily for Cervelo owners, the lifetime warranty should keep them riding. Dont know what warranty the Raleigh has.

I would be think twice before buying a 2nd hand Cervelo or Raleigh carbon.Christie2007-04-20 09:20:10

Guest Big H

A ghost from the past!!!!?????:-

Cerv?lo has identified a potential safety issue involving the down tube loosening or separating from the head tube on some R2.5 frames. Therefore, Cerv?lo Cycles is voluntarily recalling a limited number of 2005 model year R2.5 carbon bicycle frames.

Although the 2005 R2.5 carbon road frame passed all the standard industry frame tests, this particular problem was not uncovered during those standard frame tests. Cerv?lo has now discontinued the R2.5 model.

S... true Christie:-

From Cervelo Website......

Starting January 1, 2004, each Cerv?lo SA (Cerv?lo) bicycle frame purchased after this date is warranted by Cerv?lo SA against defects in workmanship and materials for as long as the frame is owned by the original owner, excluding paint and decals. (Cerv?lo bicycle frames purchased before this date came with a four year warranty).

Also true:-

From Raleigh Website.......

FRAME - Limited life-time warranty
FORK - 3 month warranty
MOVING PARTS - 30 day warranty

Raleigh will have the option to repair or replace any part, which falls under the limited warranty.

It seems that the fancy pants Cervelo falls in the same boat as Raleigh.... gruesome thought aint it seeing how much you paid for their so called technology ..... or should we call in advertisement hype.... or sponsoring their elite teams?????????
Big H2007-04-20 09:29:46

Which Steven Meltzer exactly the Photographer, the Contemporary Jewish Musician, The Obsteotrician & Gynecologist, The Tulsa Realtor, The Criminal Lawer or The Puppeteer? 

a freind of mine works at Raleigh here in PE and yes they had a problem with about 30 of there frames that were cracking on the seat stays.those people had there frames replaced with the Team frames.as far as i know there have been no more problems so far

Guest Big H

Your friend might now be in trouble for divulging trade information.

with the distributer in pe we find all these things out on the training rides.let me just say that alot more carbon bikes have broken and cracked from some big makes and these companies wont replace with the same quality frame,as you had they scale down and replace with a cheaper frame