Kyalami Circut Training

Hi all

Is there a contact person who would be able to tell me what days and times the track is available to ride on in the week?

Smile

Hi TH, try Cycle Lab. As far as I remember it used to be Tue, Wed,Thur but may have changed. Enjoy JHB cycling - if you venture outside Kyalami on your own it's classed as an extreme sport!Big%20smile

I'm also looking into this.  starting a new job in jhb next week and think this is an option to get in some weekday training.

I would like to try and do this once a week at least, thnx for the link Jason Thumbs%20Up

I live very close to the track, i wonder if i can cycle there and back on the evening i go, will it be safe?

I would like to try and do this once a week at least' date=' thnx for the link Jason Thumbs%20Up

I live very close to the track, i wonder if i can cycle there and back on the evening i go, will it be safe?
[/quote']

Depends which roads, most in that area are very busy in the evening and lot's of taxis. Also when you leave Kyalami it will probably be dark so you will need lights.

Should be quite safe as far as muggins go , however remember that it gets dark earlier now (6pm) so this could limit the safety factor.

ok, thanks for the heads up Smile, by the way are their lights on the track, or do we rely on the sun.

by the way are their lights on the track' date=' [/quote']

Heh, LOLhehLOL you can tell he's new to "cowteng"Big%20smile

Phoned Kyalami entertainment and they referred me to a company called Troy Sports, who they say have taken over the management of cycling at the track.

Phoned Troy Sports (0833084160) and they said they were getting their landline this weekend (ha, ha, that will be the day that Telkom delivers when they say they will) and that they are going to be installing lights on the track, also a coffee shop, etc.

Possibility that they might open the track on Sunday mornings depending on the profitability and interest - asked me how many people used to turn up on a Sunday morning.  Maybe if enough cyclists nag them, they will consider opening up the track on the weekend sooner than later.  Will be great for winter training. Here's hoping!

Ive been going there with my cycle buddies for a few months now, its a nice workout. They are usually open mon-thu from 5pm onwards, dunno if the hours will change in winter.

Some days the track is closed when they race/train cars or bikes. Charge 10 bucks for entry. Worth not having to look out for cars or dodgy characters.

Are they still open on a Sunday?  Stopped going when heard that Sunday mornings were closed - but you never know, maybe they still let you ride.  Has anyone managed to ride on the track on a Sunday morning lately?  Please let me know.

Are they still open on a Sunday?  Stopped going when heard that Sunday mornings were closed - but you never know' date=' maybe they still let you ride.  Has anyone managed to ride on the track on a Sunday morning lately?  Please let me know.[/quote']

I'm also interested.