Somebody stop her!

rodger

Guest Big H

Isnt cramping the ELITE way of saying I gave up!!!!!!

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

we recently had a 3 day stage race and one dude suffered the following:

6 punctures (1 after 20km on stage 1 and he "caught" the bunch after a 25km TT @ +45km/h)

given a wheel with a junior block

broke 2 spokes just after that

punctured that same wheel at the same time as breaking the spokes

the problems were of course that he was riding 20c tyres (which in fact he wasn't, he was riding 23c)

The point being...at least his excuses were so over the top they COULD have happened Big%20smile

I think he may have cramped too............

I won't go into what happened to him last year, or the year before, or the year before......................

gianni2007-04-24 06:11:11

Ek skop nie meer nie! Ek is te bang die wiel draai en rol dan reg bo oor my en reverse dan weer terug! Ek stem, kom ons los vir Angel uit!

Faantjie, toe jy Saterdag daai soutigheid om die mond proe, hoekom het jy toe nie maar by Maruis gestop en help om die tannie daar uit die sand te stoot nie.

Lyk my as jy met 'n goeie verskoning, (behalwe papwiele asb.) voor 'n dag kom, is jy orrraaait.

Bertie het mos reeds die krampe een ge claim?

smiley2.gif

Hallo to all the Hubbers.  Wow, this website is made for some reading! Well I am on the Hub for a specific reason (well done Witrot you got me going). Your remarks and opinion is quite something. No prize for the correct guess ? Yes I am attached to Engela. Actually I?m the head of the Clan and proud of it. Quite a remarkable girl. I do respect your opinion and views on Engela but with all due respect I do not agree. You see, the remarks are not true. Why? The award made to Engela was done by a full panel of Cycling Free State. All results and achievements were confirmed (before the award) with Champion Chip, Winning Time, Cycling South Africa and The seeding system (where there was a category for u/23 ladies) on Super Cycling. The reason for the award was Bronze at SA?s and representing SA at All <?:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />Africa Games (Bronze once again). So no one could submit false or incorrect information. As far as Sunday?s Cycle Lab Tour of Durban ? some officials, commissaries and team managers where not so focused as they should have. End of the story the officials, commissaries and team managers admit afterwards they were wrong and apologized for their oversight. To attack her integrity, dignity and person say something about you Witrot. I agree, she made 1 or 2 decisions that were not so okay ? but hey how do we learn in life? See Witrot, respect is something you are not entitled to ? the only way is to earn it. Take for instance Physco and Grapkas who had a thing or two to say ? they at least had the guts to admit their remarks were uncalled for and apologize. That is something only a true cyclist can do.  I am not asking you or any other person to stop your remarks, opinions and views on people. Let?s make sure that they are correct before we make false allegations and accuse a person of fraud and misrepresentation ? that is quite serious. Let?s use this wonderful forum to enjoy and share cycling. If you are so grieved talk to us we will gladly assist and support where we can.   (Witrot please read the rules for the website again my friend!!)Wink

Phew..... what a thriller, and yes, I was Personally at the SA TT when she was U14,(possibly even U12????) just remember her outward Boasting, but cannot recall her at the top of the Podium... Saw with my own eyes.... fortunately did not have to endure her Articles....... so can confirm she did not win the event, as stated by Mynx..... pedal2007-04-24 14:01:45

Wel Done. Quite correct. She did not win the TT when she was U/14. She never partcipate in the TT. She won the road race. You can confirm this with SA Cycling if needed. I will defend Engela when she is right. Keep searching my friend .... one day you will find the truth!! See my reply to Witrot remarks and laughable remarks. Evil%20Smile

Mynx....Nice first post. Bit of a waist realy.

Bet you did not do any research on the Hub to see where this is coming from?

If you want to do self promotion' date=' FINE. Nothing wrong with that. Do it on you own personal webpage or there is something lik Myspace.

But on a cycling website plain to see for everyone that knows what realy happened in the race, that would be well.....I don't know what word to put in here.....You decide.

PS: This is just an observation. I don't know the girl. Never met her. Nothing against her. Etc...etc...etc....
[/quote']

smiley32.gif smiley32.gif Well said ! smiley32.gif smiley32.gif

Googled: Engela Conradie .. out of boredom at 11:23pm got Results 11 - 20 of about 736 for Engela Conradie. and one of the reaults read (as below) ...perhaps there are some truth in all of this .. all a conspiracy theory .. LOL !

Chainwheel

by Engela Conradie | Published 16/8/2006 | Race Results |, Unrated ... This report was compiled by Engela Conradie (USN/Kuota/Rudy Project) ...

www.chainwheel.co.za/default.asp?ToDo=viewArticle&aid=%7B05CEEE63-0D98-485D-89F1-70D8648249CD%7D&... - 48k - Supplemental Result

I think this forum has gone to the dogs over a prolonged period of time. A lot of people are through bashing the wife, kids, family, the boss and family dog and now everyone here is fair game.

Sies julle boelies!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

In stead of ganging up on selected victims and races and race organisers how about spending your engergy coming up with ideas about making cycling on public roads safer.

Start by getting your cycling buddies and club members to ride no more than two abreast when the road allows it and where the road does not allow it single file. Stop jumping red lights.

Do not pi.. mororists off by showing rude signs or swearing at them. They are also ollowed to use the road.

I think we should educate the motorists about our rights on the road. That include bus drivers, truck drivers and taxi drivers.

I am going to start this procedure by having a message printed and having it handed out at bus depots, taxi ranks and at robots in peak hour traffic.

Any volinteers to help.

Protest meetings does nothelp . Speaking to local authories does not help!!!!

Any other ideas.

Lets call this the Engela Conradie project to make cycling on public roads better.

I only write in english to accommodate most people on the board.

Hoor hier seun ek gee dit sommer verniet. Ek glo ek is geregtig daarop.

Kry jy nog steeds lekker om iemand te wil skop terwyl sy l? met Cruxpearl wat op haar staan en fotos neem van jou.

Jou kommentaar weerspie?l maar net waarin ouens soos jy die hub laat verval het.

Jy is mos in rusbank aartappel en alleen sterretjies se liga.

Doen tog iets positiefs of bly stil.

In ander woorde hou jou bek!!!!!!!!!!!!!