Best mtb for a lady?

wynandvdmerwe

Goodmorning fellow hubbers.

Please help me out on this one. My wife currently riding trek 8000 hardtail wants to upgrade to soft tail mtb. I ride the 96 3000d merida, recommended something similar for her as well. Price range between 15-25k.Any other suggestions?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no good mtb for ladies, they should be in the kitchen making dinner or waiting for you at the finish with a cold beer in hand.

Bye bye I will leave now before I get beaten up.

Yip, I'd go with the 96 as well. Either that or an Anthem X. Anthem X2 will be cheaper than cheapest 96 so it might be worth considering that. Phone the guys at CFS, they have a special on the Anthem & 96

Why does the wife's bike always (okay, maybe 95% of the time) have to be cheaper than the husbands?

That's an easy one: that way you get to spend more on yourself...or buy her flowers. Depends who's asking!

96 then. Both of is not really into GIANT!( oops). New 96 3000d has the magura front shock on, just a bit sceptical about it not being a fox, Rockshox or Manitou. She likes both the new 2010 1000 and 3000d

3000d20090828_000850_2010_96_3000-D_.jpg

1000d

20090828_000425_image003.jpg
wynandvdmerwe2009-08-28 00:09:35

Give us a call Werner and we'll work something out. Manitou and Magura have the same agents in SA (Cycles Africa). They recently moved from Jhb to Somerset West so back up and service should be quick.

It all comes down to size. I helped a lady here at work to get a bike but because of her size she could only fit on a small lady specific frame. Not even a XS men's frame was short enough.

anyway that 1000D is hot with the green and the white wheels but would like the 3000D components especially that fork.

There is no good mtb for ladies' date=' they should be in the kitchen making dinner or waiting for you at the finish with a cold beer in hand.

Bye bye I will leave now before I get beaten up.
[/quote']

You better beware next time I see you MR !!!!!!

Why does the wife's bike always (okay' date=' maybe 95% of the time) have to be cheaper than the husbands?[/quote']

I can answer that...because most of the time the wife just rides because the hubby does and not out of pure passion for the sport herself. She doesn't need a race steedTongue

That's why I have the REALLY expensive stuff and hubby has the cheapiesLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL