More failed tests for Landis

Cruxpearl

Paris - Urine samples from cyclist Floyd Landis taken during his contested win in the 2006 Tour de France have tested positive for the banned substance testosterone, L'Equipe sports daily reported on Monday.

On its website, L'Equipe reported that "B" samples belonging to the American had been tested retrospectively following a request from the US Anti-Doping Agency (Usada).

Leading the prosecution case against Landis, Usada successfully appealed to an arbitration panel that seven "B" urine samples belonging to Landis be tested at the French laboratory which processed his original, and disputed, positive test.

Damn Floyd - I had hoped it was all a mistake, and the evidence suggested it, but this is a little more convincing.

Guest Big H

Of course l'Equippe will say so, the are part of the Amaury Organisation that owns Tour de France..... they even are in the same building!!!! Verrrry strange aint it!!!!!!!

Seems like all the ex disco queens are getting bust one by one .... that'll teach them to disagree with he who must be obeyed Disapprove  I doubt that after all the flak they have been taking lately that the lab would have messed up these tests.

Is this 7 B samples from 7 different days?

Why did all the A samples not also test positive?

It would have made more sense to have the samples retested at a different lab.

Landis had representatives present at the tests to observe the process and ensure that there is no foul play involved...

But I'm sure they will try and find a different angle to try and discredit the system

It's the same old tactic used by all "Innocent little cycling victims that test positive" and Lance to try and discredit the testing authorities and processes!!!!

Guest Big H

Welllll............. Lance succeeded!!!!!!!! except for "some" people who knows!!!!!

Im not a Landis fan, and I dont even remotely like any of the American pros, but:

It sounds like Landis' expert witness was barred from observing the test.

I cant understand why they dont just test the pee at the lab in the USA as Landis asked. How can the French be used to verify their own work? This is not how it is done in science.

Landis had representatives present at the tests to observe the process and ensure that there is no foul play involved...

But I'm sure they will try and find a different angle to try and discredit the system

It's the same old tactic used by all "Innocent little cycling victims that test positive" and Lance to try and discredit the testing authorities and processes!!!!
It seems to me that it's just more of the same - media releasing information before it is official. You present the typical response ...

"According to the paper, seven B samples belonging to the American were tested ... "

"However

French anti-doping agency president Pierre Bordry told Agence France

Presse that although the analyses had been carried out, the results

were not yet known."

Why is the paper releasing info before the official results are released? That alone makes me wonder what the hell is going on. Can it be so hard to do it by the book?

Im not a Landis fan' date=' and I dont even remotely like any of the American pros, but:

It sounds like Landis' expert witness was barred from observing the test.

I cant understand why they don't just test the pee at the lab in the USA as Landis asked. How can the French be used to verify their own work? This is not how it is done in science.
[/quote']Amen

"Landis, who denies taking performance-enhancing drugs, has charged the Labaratoire National Depistage de Dopage's (LNDD) laboratory at Chatenay-Malabry outside Paris with mis-handling his original samples. "

The arrogance. Sickening.

The only good thing is that we are moving closer to finding closure on TDF 2006, which is about time.

How long before Basso is DQ'd from TDF 2007?

Ouch, this looks pretty damning if it is confirmed.  One lone positive sounds dodgy, but mutiples make it more convicing.  Sorry Floyd, it's stating to sound a bit convincing.

This is a sad story for all TDF fans. It seems that with Lance out of the way, it complicated matters for GC contenders. And yet they know the doping system is fool proof. Whoever worked with Landis on this disaster should speak out.. Who knows what 2007 will start with. Even the TDF 2006 dvd title is uncertain.

Can it be so hard to do it by the book?
Is that not the question that Landis, Lance, Basso, Jan et al should have asked before visiting Fuentes and the other Spin Doctors???!!!!Angry