Repai of cycling shorts

Newboy

There was a thread on the forum about people in CT fixing shorts. Can anybody point me to the thread please?

There was a thread on the forum about people in CT fixing shorts. Can anybody point me to the thread please?

Howzit do it

My 2year old Assos Bibbs are starting to disintegrate, the padding is still 100% comfy but the areas where I have fallen on the elastic material it's made from has started to come loose and the areas are "see-thru" now, how can one fix that???Embarrassed<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

I think once the elastic part in the material goes, no one can fix it and a new pair of shorts will have to do. Or you can wear it like that and start a new trend!

agggg nooit, that sucks! I thought they could have maybe stiched a new piece of material over the worn out parts??? I did get a new pair of Assos but I'm using the old pair for Mtb'ing.Tongue

Hey Marius!

There might be hope for you.

The people at Howzit, when fixing my shorts, replaced the whole "panel" with similar material. Assuming your shorts are black, you won't even notice the difference. Don't know how - but they cut the 'replacement' panel to the same measurements, and then simply out with the old, in with the new. Of course a coloured pair shorts might pose more of a problem - especially if their are logos on, since if they then replace one panel, it's obviously going to be more noticeable.

Still - worth a try in giving them a call, and seeing what they say. Rather a R30-00 repair than a R1000 new pair of shorts...

Howzit @ 0214615422.