Discovery suspends Basso !!!!!

Man with no name

Just in from cyclingnews.com

Discovery Channel suspends Basso

http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2006/news/sep06/basso_court/Par945127tn.jpg

Cyclingnews has received confirmation from Discovery Channel director Johan Bruyneel that Italian cyclist Ivan Basso, who is set to face further investigations, including DNA testing, regarding his involvement in Operaci?n Puerto, has been suspended by the team pending the outcome of the recently re-opened investigation.

Stay tuned for further information

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

what an idiot (Bruyneel), he knew that Basso was tainted goods and ignored the circumstantial evidence when he hired Basso. Now it looks like he could be caught and suspends him...

Just in from cyclingnews.com

Discovery Channel suspends Basso

Ivan Basso

Photo ?: AFPOn>

http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2006/news/sep06/basso_court/Par945127tn.jpg

Cyclingnews has received confirmation from Discovery Channel director Johan Bruyneel that Italian cyclist Ivan Basso' date=' who is set to face further investigations, including DNA testing, regarding his involvement in Operaci?n Puerto, has been suspended by the team pending the outcome of the recently re-opened investigation.

Stay tuned for further information

[/quote']

Bjarni Riis is probably laughing at this. I still dont think Basso is guilty or was involved, but time will tell.

Hope they do the test soon. If they match, out he goes! Sounds pretty suspicious, I think he is going down. 

I think it is crazy that you can be suspended based on rumours being dragged out forever!

Hell if I accused enough people of doping I could be SA Champ or maybe even World Champ.

Why is all the Puerto investigation and activity ONLY before the TdF. After last year's TdF the whole Puerto k@k died. I get the impression they can't nail the riders with the evidence, so they'll just cast this shadow of doubt over them, everytime it gets close to TdF. This will be the second year Basso is supended from the TdF, yet he is not proven guilty. What kind of justice is this. If Basso is not guilty, how will they make up for his missing two TdFs?

You guys just don't get it!!!!

These riders are dirty, doped to the T

And they are getting away with it.... well, so they thought.

The Spanish was not interested in really bringing the cheaters to book, and shelved the case, as the judge felt that what they did was not dangerous to anybody else's health, and that, at the time, it was not an illegal process in Spain.

ASO on the other had is doing something to clean up the sport, and it has nothing to do with finding a way for the Froggies to win the TdF

It's about saving the Sport and making sure that the sport has a future

If you don't get that, you'll never get it!!!!

Let one frenchie win, and all allegations and inquiries will be quite for 2 or 3 years again.

I think they should just can this event . It is a breeding ground for drugs , prostitution and all other nice things and like Mr Crux said bad for the sport .

You guys just don't get it!!!!

These riders are dirty' date=' doped to the T

And they are getting away with it.... well, so they thought.

The Spanish was not interested in really bringing the cheaters to book, and shelved the case, as the judge felt that what they did was not dangerous to anybody else's health, and that, at the time, it was not an illegal process in Spain.

ASO on the other had is doing something to clean up the sport, and it has nothing to do with finding a way for the Froggies to win the TdF

It's about saving the Sport and making sure that the sport has a future

If you don't get that, you'll never get it!!!!
[/quote']Cruxie, it's more than that. It is about doing it the right way. If the various players can't stick to your own rules then the whole process is going to be questioned. There are double standards here. The issue on Puerto is that it would not have stood up in a court of law. Full stop. Yes, traditionally the Spanish (& Italians) have turned a blind eye, but in this case it was the Italian authorities that uncovered the whole affair so saying that they are not interested is not right.

And ... I believe that the French are playing the whole thing to suit their own agenda - no doubt about it, and I still have serious doubts about the Landis thing as a result of the way they have gone about the whole thing.

At the end of the day not doing it the right way will cause more damage than the good that is supposedly intended.

Windbreaker2007-04-25 01:15:57