David George vs Burry at Nationals

Groot Lem

I see David is doing his 1st lap MTB race in George this weekend, at nationals. Will he beat Burry???? Depends on the course, if its technical, it will be Burry. David wants to do the Olympics, will have to win the next few nationals. Groot Lem2007-04-26 03:45:31

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Has he done much mtb riding? apart from the Epic

He did well there.Maybe we are on to something good here

David George? racing in George? Hope this poor fella aint talking to hisself tooWink

The Dirtyhippo will lap him... Burry's technical skills are on a level never before seen in SA, besides our DH world champ.

I agree with Buff. In a marathon George might take the win. But on a tech course he will only see TheBurry at the start.

the epic is like a road race compard to a national course!!!burry will dominate!watch the dirty hippo in action!Smile

not so sure about a marathon,maybe like crater cruise where its not tecnical,burry is so fast in technical stuf and downhills!and plus look at his last two resuts!he is on awsum form!

Let's not underestimate DG, he proved that he can ride a MTB. What his technical skills are like, only he can answer.

Burry's technical skills and his recent experiences overseas should see him comfortably take the win.

wots he up to???? if he is trying to resucitate his career with CSA then he should be at track champs in jhb. riders graduate from track / mtn to road to make it in the sport. DG is going backwards.......fast

Maybe DG and Simoni have realised where the real race of truth is, none of this team crap, leadouts, managers etc.... just you, your bike versus the rest - real racing Thumbs%20Up

I hate to break it to David, but Burry climbs like a scared monkey..., so I am not quite sure where exactly David wants to gain time. Have a look at the results of the Sea Otter Classic, Burry hurt some BIG names there. And, please, marathons are not road races. Not even on the climbs. From what I heard, David is still coming to terms with turning on regular gravel.

I have great respect for David as a cyclist, but I think he is setting himself up for huge humiliation. IF he pulls this off, I am getting in the ring with Mike Tyson, and will call him a sissy.

Simoni? He is not the only Euro-pro to use MTBing as cross-training. MTB is not Mickey Mouse. If you disagree, try it first.

Got to see David and Christoph ride some pretty technical uphill during the Epic (the rest of us were walking). He looked like he had being doing it for years. Obviously Christoph gave him some good tips and hints.