Yippie

Mich

I've only started cycling and I'm very unfit and been doing about 5km around the block, but yesturday I did Suikerbosrand which was my first proper cycle. I did the short route, just over 10km. Thought I was going to peg over and die on that first hill, but I managed to cycle 1km up it then walked the other 2km, but the rest of the ride went well. Feel so proud of myself!

Good for you! Its just scary how quickly you'll start getting used to it and doing longer training rides. Keep it up!

Very Very well done to you.  I have been cycling for a while and I still do my best to avoid Sugarbush......

at least you got tto the top! well done

(i had to turn around and go down the wrong way after 2 km cos i tried to change gears and messed my poor hand up again.... been almost 4 weeks since the car crash and the hand is still not functional... oh, try going down there when you're not able to use both front and back brakes.....)

Cycling never gets easier, only faster.  Can't remember who of the TDF greats said this but it is so true.

thanks guys, i'm really feeling motivated at the moment, so next Sunday, here I come again!!!!! damn you hill, I WILL concur (sp) you

Hi Mich

I was also there yesterday, was intending to do 2 full laps (120km) but after the first one I decided to just do the short lap again (same as you did).

I did a hard ride Friday and then the Cyclelab ride was hard on Saturday as well so by yesterday I was pretty stuffed.

I am going back again tomorrow and will do my full two laps !!!

Congratulations on making the hill, for someone who has just started cycling it is a big challenge to take on. Clap

Mich, hope you're keeping track of the time it takes to get to the top. That way you'll see some progress by the time you can conquer it without stopping.

Cycling never gets easier' date=' only faster.  Can't remember who of the TDF greats said this but it is so true.[/quote']

Greg Le Mond - it was - It never gets easier, you just go faster".

Agree, very true.

....but very well done Mich, a very unpleasant hill that.!

Mich, CONGRATS!!!!  So we still on for Sunday?  If you can do 10 in Suikerbos, you can do 25 on the "ordinary" road!!!

hey ewep

defently keen, might be able to bribe friends to come too

whats the details (where, when.......)