Giant Anthem 0

mrmed

My riding partner and I are thinking about buying Giant Anthem 0's with a tubeless upgrade.  We are reasonable riders and are hoping to get a 2008 Cape Epic entry.

We were wondering if anyone has had any bad experiences with these bikes?

Also we were thinking of upgrading (????) from the SRAM X.0 shifters and de-raileurs , Avid Juicy Seven brakes and Race Face XC crank to XTR. Does anyone have any comments on these thoughts?

The Anthem 0 is a great bike. I wont upgrade from the Sram and Avid to XTR. Actually I dont think its a upgrade..the Sram stuff is awesome. You'll just waste the money you could have spent on tubleless wheels and other accessories.

yip.anthem 0 is brilliant bike.stay with sram.xo is the boss.save the money and buy horse steroids.

Buy this bike, it is awesome! I've got one (got it in January) and can tell only good things. Did the Epic this year and the bike did not skip a beat. Not one single problem, did not have to set ar change anything. I,ve got full XTR on my Cannondale hardtail and I am happy with it, but it's no better than the components on the anthem. I love this bike, and I'm glad I bought it. Both thumbs up!!!

Only thig you should change on the bike is the RaceFace bottom bracket (Get an XTR). Race Face has probably got the worst bb's ever, but the rest of the bike is simply brilliant.

Thanks for all the feed back.

I think we're goint to end up paying around R 27 500 - 00 including tubeless.

I'm being kinda lazy here - anyone got the prices for the anthems (0 vs 1 vs 2 etc)

And maybe highlight the spec differences?