can u believe this

chucky

Ian' date=' I do not really appreciate your condescending and patronising tone and it is NOT appreciated.

[/quote']

Noted, I don't really give a damm, are you the only one who has the right to express an opinion on the Hub?

Go on your peace mission and see if you can attain anything. I know the Cradle Dwellers' date=' they are very much like the hillbillies of Kentucky.[/quote']

Thanks I will do and I will report back to those that are really interested in finding a solution to this problem.

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ian' date=' I do not really appreciate your condescending and patronising tone and it is NOT appreciated.

[/quote']

Noted, I don't really give a damm, are you the only one who has the right to express an opinion on the Hub?

Go on your peace mission and see if you can attain anything. I know the Cradle Dwellers' date=' they are very much like the hillbillies of Kentucky.[/quote']

Thanks I will do and I will report back to those that are really interested in finding a solution to this problem.

Well done, and thank you for your positive and constructive contribution IanJ! Clap

Cool, have a good and safe cycling weekend all of you and lets try behave ourselves on ALL the roads. Big%20smile

If we dont all start  working together this is going to get  out of hand to a point like in the UK where residents put nails and tacks on the road to stop cyclists. We need to find a workable sloution for all.

One idea why doesnt one of the locals there try open a coffee stop for the cyclists where the locals and cyclists can meet for a coffe and muffin and become friendly towards each other.

Locals can use the cyclists as eyes for ongoings in the area as well. lots of benifits for both parties if they can work together.

Here the full ken story

About 2 years ago (and still is) the cyclist issue was totally out of hand in the cradle. An email was sent to residents and from the response it was clear

that 99% of residents had issues with cyclists. I then set up a meeting with Giovanni and a guy called Charl from the traffic department. At this meeting it was acknowledged that these problems were serious and things had to be done.

A few things that were agreed upon:

Giovanni would send people out here' date=' and if clubs or groups were breaking the rules they would be dealt with.

All races would be go through the Muldersdrift police forum

If races were not run correctly, there would be a recourse not allowing the event organiser to hold another race in the area.

There would only be a few races a year in the area, instead of a race every second weekend.

Residents would be made aware of races

No road closures

And then the normal stuff, passing on the message that riding 3 or 4 in the road is not on, must ride in the cycle lane ect.

I then sent an email out to the community saying that Giovanni was serious about sorting the issues out.

The bottom line is nothing was sorted out and in my opinion Giovanni was just hoping this would all go away.

Races in the area are organised by any Tom Dick and Harry.

There were three races held on the same day last week in our area.

The Syringa spa road was closed. This is a main route

I could not even get out my gate and had to stay home.

In other words there was total chaos.

So that?s the history

<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

The present

Think bike has taken it upon themselves  to appoint themselves as traffic cops, stopping motorists so that cyclists can now have right of way. This is illegal. We are now supposed to bow down to self appointed traffic cops for the pleasure of a few.

I sent an email to think bike about this and I cc Ken.

A few emails went back and forth between Paul Young and the bottom line was that he didn?t acknowledge any of my issues.

An email from Ken SENT TO ME was by mistake sent to Paul Young (Ken is not that computer literate). Ken hit the ?reply to all? by mistake.

A few issues here.

A private email was posted on the forum without the permission of the sender.

Only a part of the email was posted - I assume to stir up as much emotion as possible.

From this a lot of emails were sent to ken, even death threats. We do not even have to talk about the forum.

Some misconceptions about Ken

He does not shoot lions. Ken is a conservationist who saves lions at his own cost from all over Africa. (running an aeroplane is expensive) He has a private lion reserve where these lions live.

Ken motto is courtesy costs nothing. The sticker is on his car.

The cyclists  that Ken knocked over was not Ken going for them, but the cyclists own stupidity.

Ken could of explained it better, but the email was never meant to go to the forum.

I myself have also knocked a cyclist over, not on purpose, but because of the cyclists stupidly.

Ken is also not someone to stand down and be run away from issues.

So the conclusion is.

All posts on the forum have been copied.

Charges have been laid with the police and the copy of the thread has been given to his lawyers. If you know Ken, you can expect a call.

Those who threatened legal action against Ken, you are very welcome to proceed.

As you know all IP addresses are logged.

Mark Thijs has stepped in and made the effort to sort this all out. (Good luck for the operation)

A meeting is going to be set up when he is back and few things from our side are:

We want minutes of the meeting

Those attending the meeting must be serious about sorting out the issues.

There must be recourse if issues are not addressed.

Last thing

By looking at the comments on the thread, these are the same guys that ride through here. Do you think these guys obey the rules and act with respect to the residents? Remember you are a guest here.

for every distasteful comment, it just gives us one more reason to not want these people here.

No one is and never will advocate riding cyclists over, but we can and will make life very difficult for any cyclist riding through here. After awhile hopefully, cyclists will then get the message and go and ride somewhere else, and make those residents lives a misery.

But let?s see how the meeting goes and hopefully the outcome will be ?Cyclists are welcome?

[/quote']

I don't think he hit the "reply to all" button by mistake.

He must be a pretty intelligent guy if he can afford to own a private lion reserve and a plane and still afford to fly all over Africa. You don't become rich by being stupid.

Even with my limited knowledge of PC etc I double check who I send emails too.

The way he talked about knocking those cyclists off their bikes, was as if he was bragging about it.

But ja, I'm not going to point fingers and start hurling abuse at him. All I can say, is that it is on his conscience (if he has one) and that the wheel of life is turning. Karma is sometimes a wonderful thing.

So to all the others on this site' date=' now you know why we feel like we feel. If thats the way you think about residents, then thats probably the way you ride.[/quote']

I'll come right out and say it:

If my road, or the access roads to my house are blocked off every weekend, I would be pissed.

If big amounts of roadies were on those same roads every weekend, I would be pissed.

Let's face it: Anyone that's ever been to a race will know how inconsiderate the average cyclist is. Litter everywhere, riding all over the road yet expecting that everyone respects THEIR right to be on the road.

I understand that the residents have had enough, and I don't blame them. If the roadies don't get their act together it could get nasty. Bottom line: If you don't show respect to others, you're not going to get it in return.

* Flame suit on *

Hog_2009-09-18 10:23:49

I just spoke to Mr K Hauer and we had a very civilized chat. I can understand why they are starting to get a little fed-up with cyclists.

Maybe just a attitude change from cyclists will make motorists regard them with the same respect they do other road users. Remember you get what you give. 

Like I said long before this thread started to degrade in a typical mudslinging thread.AngryAngryAngryAngry

Maybe just a attitude change from cyclists will make motorists regard them with the same respect they do other road users

I hope they don't  regard them with the same DISrespect they do other road users

I'm aiming for more respect for ALL road users! The way all road users are treated is shameful!

Everyone should back off and let the proper authorities like CGC deal with this. Noble as it may seem any agreement reached here will have no bearing on every cyclist that rides in the area,  it's public road and you have no authority to dicatate to other cyclist. CGC through their club member education and Metro police are best suited.

It seems as if Giovanni and CGC has had their chance and has botched it upp. That is why Cradle Resident is so pissed off. It is now up to the two Superheroes to save the day.

Looking at this from the outside, its just a sad reflection on humanity.

I hope that an amicable solution can be reached so that ALL roadusers win.

Sad little thread.

I was just thinking how easy it is to launch a "lynch mob". Without too much direct provocation and snippets of second or third hand information the true mob is born. Ready to (they say) do just about anything. Scary stuff.

It also reminds me of this new "shoot to kill" approach from the cops. Everybody thinks this is great - the baddies get what they deserve, until things get out of hand - as they always seem to in SA and innocent people start getting wacked "by mistake"

Stop and think about it!

Sad little thread.I was just thinking how easy it is to launch a "lynch mob". Without too much direct provocation and snippets of second or third hand information the true mob is born. Ready to (they say) do just about anything. Scary stuff.It also reminds me of this new "shoot to kill" approach from the cops. Everybody thinks this is great - the baddies get what they deserve' date=' until things get out of hand - as they always seem to in SA and innocent people start getting wacked "by mistake"Stop and think about it!

[/quote'] smiley32.gif

I still want to know why the two original cyclists that he 'ran' down; haven't taken him down or even behind bars.

They have more power than any of us in this affair.

Are they (the two victims/cyclists)being apathetic???

This week a taxi driver got 12yrs for running down a girl on a scooter.

Their apathy has allowed this to spiral. I am as upset with them as much as I sympathize. tarboy2009-09-19 00:21:05

That's kinda my point Tarboy. The "victims" are in fact a rumour at this time. They are not real until they raise there hands and give their story.

So it's no different from the "rumor" started about a Pakistani shopkeeper that results in a mob burning his shop down?