Accident on Bottelary

Poison Ivy

I just heard from Orca that there was a really bad accident on Bottelary Rd involving cyclists, but couldn't give more details.  He says it looked like 5 or 6 youngsters and a truck.  There are lots of ambulances and rescue vehicles on the scene.

Anybody heard anything ? 

It sounds really bad....Cry
Poison Ivy2009-10-01 04:14:00

Yes this morning just before 11h00....or so but I haven't heard anything more either, I'm afraid....

but from what my brother saw driving by, it didn't look good...I also hope everyone is OK....

on my way to work this morning a saw 3 kids on bmx`s ,, riding up and down there, it was opposite the golf course... wonder if it was them?

Bottelary road is high risk. The problem is that there are a vast number of vehicles cruising below the speed limit and then there are others going over the limit. The moment that there is yellow line driving and cyclists in the mix it is chaos.

Hope Stefan's ok.  Guys watch out for the painted lines in the mist.  Heard about another cyclist who fell this morning in Durbanville area.  Thankfully he's only got road rash to show for it.