What to make of comment...

AndreZA

On my way home last night I stopped at a bikeshop in Greenside. They trued my rear wheel a week or so back and ever since it's making a screeching noice comming from the disk rotor when traveling between 26 and 36km/h. Boredgirl have heard this and I'm sure she can vouch that it's a new sound.

Anyway, the shop says it's imposible for this to happen. Then they see it's only Juicy 3 brakes and said I must get rid of it. Then they say it's the Deore hub and I must get rid of it. I overheard them in the workshop and the one asked the other what he thinks it can be. He then answered "well, everything on the bike is crap". I'm sorry if "crap" bikes are not welcome in there shop and I will never take my bike there again, even if they have a 90% sale on their Santa Cruz frames. A pd member of the public with his Invader racer came in with a question and I could see he was not happy with the service he got.

I always try to support new shops but when they give attitude like this, I wish they fold.

Mampara2007-05-09 01:17:26

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to hear about that Para.

Can't say that I've ever had any hassles there.

Sorry to hear about that Para.

Can't say that I've ever had any hassles there.

Yes but you got one of their bikes. They know they quoted me on a R8000 bike, which I could have gotten for R6500, and I bought somthing else from another shop.

Clearly your money aint green enough, time to find a bike shop that will appreciate it more.

That's why you have to pick your LBS carefully! I travel 30km to get to my 'local' bike shop. Great service from them whether it is a guy with a R60000 bike or a commuter who need some work done on his 3 speed!

Unexceptable!!!

When youre a pro or not, rich or poor, doesnt make you any better than anybody else.

The customer is always right and should get the best service possible, regardless.

People dont take pride in what they do anymore, thats why this country is in the state its in!!!

Yes but you got one of their bikes. They know they quoted me on a R8000 bike' date=' which I could have gotten for R6500, and I bought somthing else from another shop.[/quote']

That's a bit of an assumption don't you think? That they think your bike is cr@p because you bought it somewhere else? My experience; they discounted my new bike by R900 from recommended retail.

If you're feeling upset enough to talk about it here, why not sit down and chat to them further? Or at least email them. I can give you the email off their business card if you need.

I guess I am biased in their favour right now. I'm in the process of buying a bike from them and am so far happy with all I've heard (and I was there for a while yesterday chatting to them). But I believe that they take service seriously and would appreciate an opportunity to make right.

They must be doing very well if they treat customers like that!!!! And who are they to say that anything on a bike is crap!! Theres only one thing crap about them and thats their attitude. And is it necessary from shops to have an attitude because a bike was bought at a different shop? Not right.

That's a bit of an assumption don't you think? That they think your bike is cr@p because you bought it somewhere else?

No, they think it's crap because it's not a name brand. If they think the components are crap then they will not sell any bikes under R7000 and that way they make sure they only cater for the upper market.

All I have to say is give them a chance to reply. I appreciate that you haven't named them, but you also haven't given them a chance to make right for what sounds like an uncalled for comment.

I agree calling a bike cr@p is uncalled for but you are making assumptions about them and how they run their shop.

Para, who was the individual who made that comment ?

Pm me the name & I'll take it up with them.