Klapperkop is now safe

Canaris

I spoke to Dawid Boshoff, the manager of Groenkloof and Klapperkop nature reserve today.  He has assured me that there are great things planned for mtb on klapperkop in the near future.  He is planning new trails there for mtb soon.  At this stage the cattle gates are finished at the top and bottom, and the fencing around Klapperkop nearly completed.  Game will be introduced hopefull before christmas.  He has posted two guards and elements of his anti poaching unit on the kop as well.

All he asks is that if you are cycling on klapperkop and observe any loiterers, squatters or suspicious people, that you report it to him or the guards immediately.  THey will then either demolish the dwellings or detain the squatters.  His contact details are on the groenkloof website:   http://www.tshwane.gov.za/groenkloof.cfm 

David is a Ironman triathlete who cycles mtb for off season training, if transbaviaans can be seen as off season training that it.

Kona,

What about those strange, lonely men in cars that seem to be having so much fun all by themselves!!!!

All the speed humps are just a pain in the arse for the roadies, but I suppose it's a fair trade for the enhanced safety, wildlife and MTB routes, so won't complain. Still one of the nicest places to train in PTA.

Kona' date='

?

What about those strange, lonely men in cars that seem to be having so much fun all by themselves!!!!
[/quote']

you scared they ain't gonna let you in again?

Kona' date='

[/quote']

don't wave or smile at them and they will go away

LOL

Kona' date='

[/quote']

Each to his own, I am only interested in those lovely women on bicycles that seem to be having fun by themselvesWink

Went up there with Club 100 last Sunday. It will be great if there were wildlife in the future. Maybe they can plant some trees as well, like it was in the past.

This is great news, that MTB riders can now have this and Fountains, and Groenkloof all in one go.