TOKEN WHEELS

sebunya

Cry

SPECIFICATIONS:<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Rim Size: 700c diameter

Rim Width: 20.5mm

Rim height: 38mm

Front Hub: 20h, 75 grams, fully sealed CERAMIC BEARINGS

Rear Hub:  24h, 240 grams, fully sealed CERAMIC BEARINGS

Front Spokes: SAPIM CX Ray- 20 black stainless bladed- Radial laced.

Rear Spokes: SAPIM CX Ray- 24 black stainless bladed- 2x laced drive, Radial non-drive. 

Weight: 1500g/set (Front: 630g, Rear: 870g, with rim strips intalled), Skewers: 95g/set

I pesonally ridden deepsections in quite heavy wind and cross wind effect in min

No way the rim height on that thing is 38! And there are so many ceramic bearings out there these days. No one ever mentions whether they are hybrid ceramic or full ceramic bearings. The top end bearings alone probably retail for more than that entire wheelset...

• 4 weeks later...

I agree- the rim height is 85mm to be exact. Please get all the information straight. To get the right info please go to www.tokenproducts.com

Sorry to jump in here, but I work for Token and we've just started to get into SA. The products have been available for a while but no advertising has been done. So we got a new distributor and they are touring SA at the moment with the parts.

About side winds- what side winds - I race and train in Taiwan and Asia and have been in some fairly strong winds. Haven't had a problem so far. Yes - you don't use deep section wheels in a storm - that's just logic. The wheels and frames are made by the same companies that make VERY WELL known brands. Although some people refuse to believe that most European brands actually come from Taiwan. Even the handmade in America brands are from here.

About the price- we're not trying to get rich from selling one wheelset. You can contact Triangle Sports for prices or ask your local bikeshop to contact them at paul@triangle.cc  or   041 581 7990. All parts have a 2 year warranty- wheels - weight limit 90kg.

The ceramic balls- some other well known brands buy the balls from Token. We use Tiramic bearings. That is titanium coated cones and races with solid ceramic balls. the ceramic balls are Si3N4. According to tests done in Australia earlier this year a rider can gain an average of 30m/km with the same energy expenditure, using Tiramic bearings.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me and visit our updated website   www.tokenproducts.com

Take care & ride hard!

Attie Slabbert

That is titanium coated cones and races with

solid ceramic balls. the ceramic balls are Si3N4. According to tests

done in Australia earlier this year a rider can gain an average of

30m/km with the same energy expenditure' date=' using Tiramic bearings.[/quote']

30m/1000m = 3%. That's a fair bit. Is there any published testing that can substantiate this?

Hope this answers your question.

Please let me know!

Attie

TESTING DATA

Tests by the Danish magazine Cykel-Motion (Mar 2005) and subsequently supported by calculation, show how using ceramic bearings can reduce rolling resistance by 50%, saving 22m in just 55 seconds at 32kph. In short, astounding speed improvement of 4%.

Further tests by SKF, and confirmed by the Danish cycle magazine Cykel Magasinet (Sep 2005), describe dramatic reductions in friction compared to conventional cycle bearings. For example:

With a pair of race wheels (total of six bearings), friction with ceramic bearings is reduced 22 fold, While Shimano Dura Ace pulleys consume 0.78W @ 500rpm, ceramic pulleys use less than 0.06W. A Campy Record BB @ 100rpm and 400W consumes 0.6W, the same BB with ceramic bearings consumes 0.02W

Ceramic bearings in your bike's bottom bracket will shave 1-2 seconds per KM. In a 40k time trial that is 40-80 seconds of free time gain!

Ceramic bearings in your bike's wheels will shave even more time.

The friction reduction of ceramic bearings aids a wide variety of riders. The advantage of ceramic units is greater at lower speeds. From a technical point of view, riders sheltered inside the peleton or riding off road have more to gain with ceramic bearings.