Percy Mont moers his wife ????

limosine

I saw Percy play at Newport' date=' along with Gary and Andy, on a regular basis. Rodney Parade was a ground visiting team hated playing at.The incident with the linesman was blown up out of all proportion - it was a push. However, rules are rules and when you stick your hands on an official you know you'll feel the consequences.Whatever happened, it's sad to see all this *** on the hub and in the papers - the consequence of fame are a life lived in the public eye, wanted or not. How many cases like this are going unreported, with no action taken by the police, every day in SA.....? Now where is the massive media campaign to end domestic violence, instead of 5 second soundbites at the expense of some famous person? Not exactly righteous journalism is it? But then, sensationalism is the name of the game when keeping circulation figures up, and advertisers happy

[/quote']

ever heard of 16 days of activism? YES, now please point me in the direction of a major media outlet that is supporting / partnering / promoting the campaign (not just 5 seconds on the TV news as a filler) fail to see what's sensationalist about this story look at the volume of coverage compared the UCT 1st year med student who was shot and killed - which gained more coverage?. the facts were reported as told. i can't speak for the sapa story, but the newspapers i've read tried to balance the story by speaking to people who could testify to percy's character.

HR, I'm not having a dig at you mate. I just find it hard to understand how a celeb ends up on front page, yet the same and worse is not even news worthy when it happens, in volume, country wide, on a weekly basis.

PPWTF2009-10-09 05:04:15

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HR' date=' wind your neck in. Snide as in "considering you have very little grasp on how newspapers work, i'd lower the value of that opinion".

?

So educate me then. How do the daily newspapers in this country work, or are you going to hide behind your keyboard the way accused me of doing? You are proficient with words, so tell me, how do they operate?

?

I am willing to learn if you are willing to teach me. If you are going to be snippy about it, then so be it I suppose.
[/quote']

once again, i didn't accuse you of anything. it was a general comment. maybe too close to the bone?

anyhows...i digress, first lesson: they don't start with an angle then bend it to their political leaning as you suggest.

in this case, the story was leaked to the press - by who? i'm not allowed to tell you - the media confirm with police media officer that the case was opened and that percy was incarcerated. media approaches his wife, his lawyer for comment. story is published.

Yup its been reported as solved.

Make up sex Big%20smile 

Shocked with lipstick and eyeliner ?

Yes, she can use some of his.

I saw Percy play at Newport' date=' along with Gary and Andy, on a regular basis. Rodney Parade was a ground visiting team hated playing at.The incident with the linesman was blown up out of all proportion - it was a push. However, rules are rules and when you stick your hands on an official you know you'll feel the consequences.Whatever happened, it's sad to see all this *** on the hub and in the papers - the consequence of fame are a life lived in the public eye, wanted or not. How many cases like this are going unreported, with no action taken by the police, every day in SA.....? Now where is the massive media campaign to end domestic violence, instead of 5 second soundbites at the expense of some famous person? Not exactly righteous journalism is it? But then, sensationalism is the name of the game when keeping circulation figures up, and advertisers happy

[/quote']

ever heard of 16 days of activism? YES, now please point me in the direction of a major media outlet that is supporting / partnering / promoting the camping (not just 5 seconds on the TV news as a filler) fail to see what's sensationalist about this story look at the volume of coverage compared the UCT 1st year med student who was shot and killed - which gained more coverage?. the facts were reported as told. i can't speak for the sapa story, but the newspapers i've read tried to balance the story by speaking to people who could testify to percy's character.

HR, I'm not having a dig at you mate. I just find it hard to understand how a celeb ends up on front page, yet the same and worse is not even news worthy when it happens, in volume, country wide, on a weekly basis.

the independent group for one supports the campaign in a big way actually. and, don't worry, i see it as a healthy debate. you could argue that a high-profile case brings these matters to the fore. column inches - usually on the leader and opinion pages - will be dedicated over the next couple of days to domestic abuse. i too despair at the focus on celebrities in the mainstream news media too, but this is more a reflection of what most readers want.

once again' date=' i didn't accuse you of anything. it was a general comment. maybe too close to the bone? [/quote'] There you go again.

anyhows...i digress' date=' first lesson: they don't start with an angle then bend it to their political leaning as you suggest. [/quote'] Then how come some papers can see no wrong in the Government, while others can see no right. Which is the unbiased newspaper in the country? Every person has a bias that matches their beliefs, so are you telling m that newspapers are any different?

in this case' date=' the story was leaked to the press - by who? i'm not allowed to tell you - the media confirm with police media officer that the case was opened and that percy was incarcerated. media approaches his wife, his lawyer for comment. story is published. [/quote']

That is fair enough. What I am contesting is the way things are reported, not that they are reported. Leaks (by whomever) are they way of the world - I have no issue with that either if they are proved correct.

Vir my' date=' .. of jy 'n vrou slaan, vloek of net eenvoudig beledig... is presies dieselfde.

Die een maak/is net seerder as die ander.

Alle vroue verdien net respek, al is hulle hoe hard gebak.

As hy net effens aan haar geslaan of geklap het, is hy 'n coward en verdien geen respek van enigiemand, al is die pressure hoe groot.

I.M.O

.[/quote']

Oih Pops, is sommer nou van voor af lief vir jou WinkLOLHugThumbs%20Up

once again' date=' i didn't accuse you of anything. it was a general comment. maybe too close to the bone? [/quote'] There you go again.

you really did take that to heart. you got all hurt because i agreed with someone who didn't agree with you. and it wasn't even in response to a post by you. as george michael sang: guilty feet have got no rhythm.

anyhows...i digress' date=' first lesson: they don't start with an angle then bend it to their political leaning as you suggest. [/quote'] Then how come some papers can see no wrong in the Government, while others can see no right. Which is the unbiased newspaper in the country? Every person has a bias that matches their beliefs, so are you telling m that newspapers are any different?

yes i am. a newspaper is not an individual. it has no opinion, except as presented on its leader page. other opinion and analysis stories are labelled as such. the reporter is not the only person involved in publishing a story. there are guidelines, checks, laws and processes that have to be followed before a story appears in print. could you give examples of papers that see no wrong or no right in the government? i doubt it.

in this case' date=' the story was leaked to the press - by who? i'm not allowed to tell you - the media confirm with police media officer that the case was opened and that percy was incarcerated. media approaches his wife, his lawyer for comment. story is published. [/quote']
That is fair enough. What I am contesting is the way things are reported, not that they are reported. Leaks (by whomever) are they way of the world - I have no issue with that either if they are proved correct.
holy roller2009-10-09 05:30:27

He isnt guilty, Percy is a legend and always will be. A person that is willing to lay a charge isnt scared to follow through if the allegations are true.

Okay HR. I am wrong and for that  i do apologise. I could not give you a list of which papers have what bias - I do not read them anymore and have not done so in the last 9 years (other than our local Sh!tty Times). I have no basis for my statements any more.

ShockedShocked hectic they looked such a loving couple at Brians wedding !!!

but then again nobody know what happened behind closed doors.... who are we to judge ....

"let those who have not sinned cast the first stone"

ShockedShocked hectic they looked such a loving couple at Brians wedding !!!

but then again nobody know what happened behind closed doors.... who are we to judge ....

"let those who have not sinned cast the first stone"

I wonder whats up with the old Springboks---About 2 weeks ago (in the newspapers) Joost's grandparents told him to leave his pistol/rewolwer at home for some reason---There was a fight between them or something like that---seems they can get quite aggresive !!!!!!OuchOuchShockedShocked