Totally amazing " Customs RSA"

hagar

On the 3rd september i ordered a crankset from Chain reaction .

30th october i could not trace it via customs or my GPO Angry

I contacted Chain reaction and they glady sent me a replacement one which i received on the 7 october which did not go thru customs Confused

yesterday i get a slip to say i need to collect a parcel which i have to pay duty on ConfusedConfused and yes this was my lost parcel !!!!

both exactly the same items one goes thru no problem the other one gets delayed for a month it totally frigging amazing i just love it LOLLOLLOL

so never dispair your parcel will reach you but it might just take a bit of time if customs have their way AngryAngry

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

are you sending the other one back? It will just be good curtosy (sp?). Or offer to pay for it and sell it on here. The reason why I'm saying this that there are a lot of chancer out there and if things start getting out of hand, they can stop servicing us like Amazon and two other shops I use to buy from over there.

Ordered from China, package left china on 26th August. Customs no record of the item........ Still waiting

Hmm, we import containers and containers of product on behalf of our customers, and, this year we have had three stops with a physical inspection, and one stop where it was released on production of a catalog.

Yesterday we got notification a shipment of oil was stopped.

Customs is on a mission this year, they are stopping a lot more than usual and due to the collapse of the clothing industry here, if you import any kind of textile, clothing etc, I can almost guarantee every shipment will be stopped.

I dont have an issue with it, if you are 100% legit its a mild inconvenience and a short delay, but if you are crooking..............................!!

A few months ago I was at one of the tail gate inspections customs do and the customs officer told me they stopped a container of popcorn seeds as it just seemed odd someone would ship a 40ft container of popcorn seeds (thats a lot of seeds!!) and hidden amongst the boxes of seeds, were a whole lot of boxes of fake branded perfume.!!

porky2009-10-09 05:50:32

Hi,

I am in the process of putting together a fairly large order for Chain Reaction. Have any of you had any bad experiences when ordering from CR?

are you sending the other one back? It will just be good curtosy (sp?). Or offer to pay for it and sell it on here. The reason why I'm saying this that there are a lot of chancer out there and if things start getting out of hand' date=' they can stop servicing us like Amazon and two other shops I use to buy from over there.[/quote']

sent them a email asking how i could pay for the other one cos its going my rebuild hardtail Big%20smile

my email to CRC ....

"

Good afternoon

You not going to believe me !!! Today I received my lost parcel after the replacement one i received on wednesday 7 october !!!

the replacement one you sent did not go through customs whereas the first one went through customs !!! Good old RSA customs ...

now how do I pay you for the second one ????

please advise

Kind regards

I am a very honest person and i would never think of keeping one without paying them as they would never even feel it but if i need help in the future they would not help me again .... so i belive in honesty and with all my dealings with people here on the hub i have only had good experinces.... i have even lost a cell phone at a race and it was handed in at the announcer and i got it back Big%20smileBig%20smile 

generally i would say cyclists that i have come to know are very honest and genuine people Big%20smile

Hi' date='

I am in the process of putting together a fairly large order for Chain Reaction. Have any of you had any bad experiences when ordering from CR?
[/quote']

never had a problem with them !!!

Hi' date='

[/quote']

You can use them with total peace of mind...I have also received my parcel today and everything is 100%. 

are you sending the other one back? It will just be good curtosy (sp?). Or offer to pay for it and sell it on here. The reason why I'm saying this that there are a lot of chancer out there and if things start getting out of hand' date=' they can stop servicing us like Amazon and two other shops I use to buy from over there.[/quote']

sent them a email asking how i could pay for the other one cos its going my rebuild hardtail Big%20smile

my email to CRC ....

"

Good afternoon

You not going to believe me !!! Today I received my lost parcel after the replacement one i received on wednesday 7 october !!!

the replacement one you sent did not go through customs whereas the first one went through customs !!! Good old RSA customs ...

now how do I pay you for the second one ????

please advise

Kind regards

StarStarStarStarStar stars for you.

Star

Hi' date='

[/quote']

You can use them with total peace of mind...I have also received my parcel today and everything is 100%. 

hey what did you buy ???

and yours was shipped on monday and delivered today Big%20smile

maybe they was after the duties Evil%20Smile

Hi' date='

[/quote']

hey what did you buy ???

oh just a few thingies I needed....Wink and wanted Big%20smile

Hi' date='

[/quote']

I've placed six orders and received all of them within 1 1/2 weeks using their standard delivery (Parcel Force). Just paid the VAT at the post office counter when the parcel arrived.

Hi' date='

[/quote']

hey what did you buy ???

oh just a few thingies I needed....Wink and wanted Big%20smile

ClapClap ja ja that is typical cyclist talk " things I needed and wanted " LOLLOL

i always say now that is it i am finished buying stuff and it starts again !!!