Corima Carbon race wheels

Milnes

I have recently purchased a set of the latest Corima deep section carbon race wheels from The BikeHaven in Muizenburg. They are awsome. SA seems to be hell-bent on the same few brands - Zipp, Head, Campag, Fulcrum, so I thought I would do some research whilst in Europe. The Corima wheels are actually re-badged by a number of the supposed name brands and are recognised by the European pros as excellent race wheels. Just wanted you all to know that there is an alternative to the brands we mostly see on the roads in SA and much more reasonably priced!!!

Cheers
Milnes2007-05-11 03:58:59

Where did my post go? 

Board is messed up...

Anyway...

Yeah yeah, I have a connection who punts Corima stuff, and the wheels

are really nice. Even though I ride a set of HED, Corima gets a big

thumbs up Thumbs%20Up from me... Now to just get a set to test ride...

There are two posts on the same subject and I am going to dissapear up my own P***h** trying to follow them

The biggest issue with high end wheels is having the backup needed if something goes wrong, which is why many guys go for the more established stuff. I'm on Zipps, and have been riding them in various guises for more than a decade. Great wheels, and it's the little things that make them awesome.

The zipp wheels are so damn fast!! go to zipps website you can even now build ur own set of zipps wheels!! custom your own wheelset that awesome

Corima has been making Carbon wheelsets since 1987. They are the leaders in Full carbon clincher wheelsets. The 2007 wheels now have a carbon hub and the wheels are 152gr lighter each. This is great wheels and as fast as ZIPP and HED and Easton. Also reasonably priced.

How much are the Corimas and where can i buy a set in Joburg? I'm in the market for a bling set of wheels.

carbon fork, carbon ti and kevlar seat. i think i can use a set of carbon wheels as well. one post stood out. how is the after sale service. i have a set of vector pro's with a busted hub. ever tried to get a new hub for high end wheels?

I think Zipp wheels are the some of the fastest wheels available. The difference may small, but I think they have the egde in aerodynamic design. Check out these pics of David Milar's TT bike, hes riding Zipps with Fulcrum stickers on:

http://www.pezcyclingnews.com/photos/races06/tdf06/tdftech/tt-millabike267.jpg

http://www.pezcyclingnews.com/photos/races06/tdf06/tdftech/tt-zippfulcrums.jpg
Christie2007-05-15 00:13:20