CGC Official Prize Giving--POOR TURNOUT

Werner Kotze

My club did not receive any notice.  I have tried to contact CGC via email in the past to hear about meetings etc that we had to attend, and did not receive any reply. 

We're affiliated with CGC & GNC. 

We have people attending GNC meetings regularly.  We receive regular correspondence from them. 

If any of our club members were supposed to attend I apologize to them, however I did NOT receive any notification of any meetings/prize givings whatsoever.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

which club do you belong to, have you checked on the website, is you email for your club correct, maybe thats the first step, to solving the problem, and then, maybe contact me, and i can give you a date for meetings, we dont have club meetings monthly only committee meetings, but am sure if you want to join, you can let me know, and you can attend, i do respond to all emails, they are not ignored, and this is my last comment on this discussion, anyone else want something to say, be man or women enough to phone and say it, or email the office, jackie@cgcycling.co.za, or 011-4659635. as i have better things to do than hang out on this site, was just sms'd to go see the sight, thats why am on it now

What is strange is no mention was made on the HUB, but then i suppose there are more important non cycling issues to discuss.

I got numerous reminders from my club.

CGC awards evening was GREAT

It was nice to attend an event and be rcognised for all those who achieved great resuts over the past year. There is nothing better then being handed a troffee or certifiate in front of a big group of peers to show off your hard work

Unfortunately as we all know by now the attendance was SHOCKING to say the least, SPECIALLY from the icons of our sport. The guys and gals that the youbnsgsters look up to as hero's and mentors

I beleive all these people and the clubs were notified about the evening but from my experience of how the invites were sent out i would not have gone from reading my club newsletter.

A personal invite should have been exended to each person nominated for an award in due time for the candidates to make arrangements to be there

Sure it was Crater Cruise but this is typically a mountain bike event and more than HALF the awards were taken back to the CGC office because people were not aware they were recieving something

WHAT DO PEOPLE PAY CLUB FEES FOR????

The first I heard of this event was this thread*

*that said - I don't check the CGC website, I heard nothing from my club, it wasn't on thehub, none of my many cycling friends mentioned it or knew about...

Please note this a post aimed at bashing the CGC - simply the facts according to me.

Jaco, Iwould like to echo the sentiment - the evening was great. being inquisitive, I found out about the awards evening - my club did not inform me.

The Nissan series is also a Provincial series. When will those awards be given, as the last event (Pecanwood) is only on 21 November 2009.

CGC informed all the clubs on numerous mails' date=' as well as a list of all receiving awards, we even published the awards evening on face book, and on twiiter, and on our website, as the administrater of CGC, i am tired of cyclists always wanting to point fingers at us, what happened in the past is not now, CGC has come a long way, and yes we informed all about this event, so please if you want to look for fault, maybe you should all look on your own doorsteps first, we put lots of effort into this event, i worked till midnight for 2 weeks to make it a success, and every weekend, i never asked for anything in return, but to make it a success for you guys the cyclists, so stop using this site to always run us dowm, if you got something nasty to say, phone or email, and lets sort it out, for once i would love to see a flippin well done CGC, it was a great evening, thanks, just my 2c worth[/quote']

Jaco, Iwould like to echo the sentiment - the evening was great. being inquisitive, I found out about the awards evening - my club did not inform me.

The Nissan series is also a Provincial series. When will those awards be given, as the last event (Pecanwood) is only on 21 November 2009.

thanks for the comment, appreciate it, the MTB Downhill series is still not complete as events still happening, then the BMX will also be done at there own event, not sure which event you were asking about, if not one of these, let me know, and will follow upSmile

Jackie,

My 2 cents worth...

1) I feel you need to look at the cost the cyclist has to pay to attend the event it can work out very costly for a family.

Maybe look at something completely different as an awards evening. Put it to the cyclist, what or where it is they would like.

2) I feel that where a pro is getting an award that the sponsors insist that they are there, or at least a representiive of the team.

You see year after year they do not bother to turn up. And yes they are heros to the younfg rider.

3) YOU ARE DOING A STERLING JOB....

?I feel you need to look at the cost the cyclist has to pay to attend the event it can work out very costly for a family.

you win an award and then you have to pay to get it presented to you? smiley5.gif

I feel you need to look at the cost the cyclist has to pay to attend the event it can work out very costly for a family.

you win an award and then you have to pay to get it presented to you? smiley5.gif

It will be costly if CGC have to foot the bill for all those nominated.  

?I feel you need to look at the cost the cyclist has to pay to attend the event it can work out very costly for a family.

It will?be costly if CGC have to foot the bill for all those nominated. ?

with all the money they make from licensing, surely they can afford 5 dinners.

mampara- firstly, we dont get the licence money, that goes to CSA, secondly which 5 dinners are you suggesting,we booked the complete venue for the evening, and yes it was costly, but i can bet you, no matter where we have it, the turn out will be the same faithfuls, thanks to all of you that do support it

Shifter - thanks for your comments, appreciate them, and will address your suggestion at the next committe meeting

Scotty- yes it is costly to fit the full evening, on our own, we never even charged anything extra for the evening, except what barnyard asks for the show, so yes guys we made nothing from this event, thanks

so guys does nobody have anything better to do, than to trash us on this site, will tell you from one of these comments, i actually solved a problem, by the person emailing me directly, and yes it has been sorted out, so my opinion ,all just like to be on here to complain, why not use this site for more positive things, than always complaining, the event is over, come and gone, nothing can be done about it, some enjoyed it, some did not, those that were getting awards, and was not there, look on the cgc website, if your name is there, contact me, and you can collect it, but please leave this subject alone, it's finished, been there worn the t-shirt

Okay, I have had dealings with CGC over the last couple of years and always thought that this function was an 'invite only' function.

But yay, I am sure that you are doing a sterling job Jackie just wish we could do more for safety.