NCR: Stove Plug No socket?

Marius

TT is next weekend so have time to recover from the shock.. So some one suggested I cut the plug off' date=' connect Red to Red, Black tot Black and look for the Earth cable some were on or in the stove and connect those two as well, but then I don't know what to do with the other two red cables?> [/quote']

Embarrassed

Don't count on it mate...this aint you garden variety wall plug or lamp socket.30 amps will certainly bring some excitement into your lifeOuch

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

mail sent' date=' follow as per paper stand back and switch on.Wink[/quote']

don't forget to cover your ears!! There could be a load bang!!LOL

Eish!! i think that could be 3-phase so I suggest you get a professional in.

Can connect in single phase, 2 phase or 3 phase

20091013_042231_ELEKTRIES_001.jpg

How do I get those 3 red wires into that one opening again?? or should I strip the housing away and twirl them together and then just stick it in there?

20091013_042231_ELEKTRIES_001.jpg

How do I get those 3 red wires into that one opening again?? or should I strip the housing away and twirl them together and then just stick it in there?

can work but do it the right way. As per paper. Forget about the plug wires use the ones from the wall.

Col its a 3 phase stove. You need to connect all 3 reds together. Its fine it wont blow. But it must be a hell of a stove to run on 3 phase. we run 3 phase in the kitchen . Its not ideal to do it but will work. Get a sparky to come in a run a 3 phase point to the back of the stove will be better in the long run.

Approve

Ok, so we went back and bridged the places were the red cables were connected, connected the black to black and we left the earth as it was cuz I did not know were to put it... So we switched the mains on again, switched one plate on and jumped back a bit, nothing blew up, then switched another plate on, this time not jumping that far back. Then switched the stove on and everything worked...Then I wanted to push the stove back and then I touched the side of the stove it shocked me!!!

So now, I took more pics, what do we need to do, is it thr earth wires fault it shocked me??

20091014_005503_diagram.jpg

20091014_005527_thingy.jpg

Ok' date=' so we went back and bridged the places were the red cables were connected, connected the black to black and we left the earth as it was cuz I did not know were to put it... So we switched the mains on again, switched one plate on and jumped back a bit, nothing blew up, then switched another plate on, this time not jumping that far back. Then switched the stove on and everything worked...Then I wanted to push the stove back and then I touched the side of the stove it shocked me!!!

So now, I took more pics, what do we need to do, is it thr earth wires fault it shocked me??

20091014_005503_diagram.jpg

20091014_005527_thingy.jpg
[/quote']

Yes, because of the earth wire. Connect it by the green question mark.

Just try and get insulated wire to replace the copper ones you used to bridge. Glad I could help.
Kansas20092009-10-14 01:06:02