Giro Highlights commentary

pererace70

I'd just like to say how upset I am with the commentary we get for the Giro d'Italia highlights.

I don't know if anyone's heard it, but the poor guy they've thrown in there barely has clue that a bike has two wheels and pedals... not impressed!

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've all but given up with the Giro. Managed to catch the prologue on RAI, but from there onwards it was all down hill. My GF thought I was being fancy watching it in Italian until I explained to her it's all I could find... Confused The highlights yesterday were like watching commentary on a funeral...

It was Owen!!!!......they just disguised his voice with Helium to try and fool us!!  Delgado2007-05-14 01:12:08

I was wondering when someone would complain. It is shocking to say the least. More like a travel show than a sports commentary. ( I wanted to know to know if the Cannondales of the LiquiGas team are exactly like the ones you can buy in the shop, but nothing was said! - come back Owen & Andrew Big%20smile)

Great, so it's not only me who was seriously disappointed.

I've already heard some pretty shocking comments: "And the reigning champion Pauolo Bettini" , "...sprinters like Paolo Savoldelli", "Alessandro PetRachi"

i wonder what has happend to Paddy Agnew. At least he new what a bike race was..ans yes - all is forgiven for andrew and owen with the current debacle.

looks like he has gone to soccer:

It is Italy's passion for the sport that is examined with great eloquence, insight, style and wit in Forza Italia - A Journey In Search of Italy and Its Football, a new book by Irish journalist Paddy Agnew.

Agnew has lived in Rome for more than 20 years and is the Vatican correspondent for the Irish Times, one of the leading daily newspapers in Ireland. So, what does a self-described "Northern Prod" who covers the hallowed Vatican beat know about Italian soccer? Well, quite a bit actually.

On top of his duties for the Irish Times, Agnew has served as an English-language commentator on Serie A matches for state broadcaster RAI for the past 15 years and has covered Italian soccer for a slew of other news organizations.

Agnew has closely followed calcio, the Italian word for soccer, since moving to Rome in 1985 and has gained a reputation as one of the top experts on the Italian game.

maybe too many drugs in cycling for his liking
ZippIt2007-05-14 01:34:56

Paddy Agnew actually made his name in sports commentating covering horse racing.

Never thought I'd say this: but I REALY miss Paddy Agnew...CryCry

Hee,Hee, - I always enjoyed Paddy Agnew - he has a sharp wit and is great fun, not taking things too seriously.

Cant say I like the new Giro theme song either - a bit like the Scottish national anthem - jf you listen to it too long you feel like slitting your wrists.

Really Dreary.!

............but on the plus side, the Giro gos through the most stunning countryside - I have travelled extensively in Italy but never been to Sardinia,which is definately my next stop when in Europe again.

Well, it sounds like most of the "too many drugs in cycling" are now being consumed by the Giro commentators!Big%20smile (maybe "commentators" is not the correct word but I don't know what one would call senseless, monotonous, uninformed, clueless & irrelevent ramblings!) 

(maybe "commentators" is not the correct word but I don't know what one would call senseless' date=' monotonous, uninformed, clueless & irrelevent ramblings!) [/quote']

...people.