Cyclist in accident

ajay

Seem like another cyclist was just involved in an accident on Hendrik Potgieter drive - Taxi involved, brother just drove past the scene and phoned me. Ambulances are on the scene.

Nope - no info, only that the ambulance was tending to a cyclist on the ground with 2 or 3 other cyclists standing around - was hoping that somebody on the forum knows what happened.

Those signs on the loop do look very nice!

Thanks Guys, rhalim I am doing good trying hard to raise funds for more signs. Will be erecting another 12 signs around the Lido in the next week thanks to sponsorship from some of our fellow Hubbers.

Yep Shaun. Thanks for all your efforts.  Aren't there any big chain stores (pick 'n pay, Dion, Game, etc) that would be prepared to assist? Could be good advertising for them?

PS:  Did you have anything to do with the removal of the railway line?  If so, thanks!  It was great not losing momentum going up the steps!!!

PS:  Did you have anything to do with the removal of the railway line?  If so' date=' thanks!  It was great not losing momentum going up the steps!!![/quote']

Great job if it was you Shaun, if not... great job anyway.

Noticed it on Saturday while heading down the steps on the way to Suikerbos.
Frosty2007-05-15 02:32:57

Angel, unfortunately we cannot advertise on these signs as they standard road signs. If this was the case I would have had enough money by now.

WRT the signs taken down at the railway line, no it was not me. I personally would have left them there as this section of the road is the most dangerous. It would have caused trucks to stop thus reducing their speed up the steps and keeping us cylists safe.
shaunh2007-05-14 10:32:22

Hi S, again you are so right. As one of the slower riders and usually in smaller bunches, I don't notice all the dangers like speeding trucks. Also thought that the removal is going to cause trouble at next year's hyper to hyper as the guys who don't train out that way are still going to expect to slow down and others are going to keep going................ ooops!

Still, what you are doing for cycling is awesome and I thank you for it.

OK back to the thread... it was Pedal Jnr that got taken out.... (Travis Konica Minolta) he is OK, facial injuries and stitches, broken teeth, damaged finger, but thank goodness not seriously injured.  Taxi did stop, but wanted to claim damages for the 'dent' the bike made...... bloody cheek. (Excuse the pun|).

Thanks to AAron Brown and Jaimie Ball for all their help, and any one else who may have asisted.  A black dude apparently saw Aaron waiting further up the road, stopped and told him about the accident.  Pretty cool, thanks.

Thanks for the update, Pedal! Hope jnr recovers well and does not suffer serious long-term repurcussions (except maybe some sort of taxi-phobia?)

Shaun What about a type of adopt a sign campaign.

The normal sign with another sign lower down on the pole with the sponsor name. Maybe speak to Niel Diamond, for a sponsor and to get some approval from council.

Thank Guys, Jnr is back on the bike, and feeling a lot better. Helmet and glasses replaced, and bike repaired. (Thank heavens for sponsors)

Now people can not understand why we become lunatics on the bike.

After all it is what we enjoy even though it is life threatning!!