Amashova Crash

Aurora

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Damb , this is not good at all , its beyond me how the timing guys let this happen.

All the very best to all those in the crash, speedy recovery to you boys!!

what ever happened to championchip, did they have a fall out with race organisers or something. they were fantastic with the results and giving you your actual start time and finish, nett and gross. results were out only a few hours after the ride aswell. Since Racetec have taken over from winning time, it is absolutely pathetic and even worse than that is this ss timing.

Guys,

i personally have used these type of mats before and i have NEVER had anything like this happen. It definitely was NOT the wind that caused this or a rider, the mats are too heavy (especially around the edges as that's where all the wiring is). it was actually the lead motorbike that caused the mat to lift on the edge, this is one of the main reasons the lead motorbikes are NOT allowed to come over at speed, especially over the edge like it did. That Lead Motorbike was less than 10m ahead of the front guys, is that even allowed (drafting)??

In hind sight, yes maybe the mats should have been taped down, but as this has NEVER happened before, no one could have predicted what happened.

i hope all the injured riders are ok and recover.

i'm just concerned thet there were no ambulances at finish...

there normally are, even at small races.

i'm just concerned thet there were no ambulances at finish...

there normally are' date=' even at small races.
[/quote']

I broke my leg at the finish line of a race last year. Same story - the nearest ambulance was out on the route somewhere. Not sure how long it was, but it certainly felt like an eternity lying there on the side of the road with bones protuding...

Yeah, heard these matts are the business, and one can only conclude that a speeding motorbike, side barriers that channel air and a wind worked together to create this mess. it is a real shame, especially for these top cyclists. speedy recovery to you guys!

I think hats off the the timing guys, how many massive events have they pulled off without anything like this before. I would like to commend the Racetec team for the work and the quality of their results. I see people moaning about this, but little do these people realise, this Cpt based firm often only land back in Cpt with equipment late sunday night, and results are usually available by the time you get into your office monday morning. Phenomenal! keep up the good work. its a real shame that this accident happened.

what ever happened to championchip' date=' did they have a fall out with race organisers or something. they were fantastic with the results and giving you your actual start time and finish, nett and gross. results were out only a few hours after the ride aswell. Since Racetec have taken over from winning time, it is absolutely pathetic and even worse than that is this ss timing. [/quote']

Winningtime (Racetec) has been timing this race for (at least) the last 9 years. Perhaps you are thinking of the Tour D'urban who used Championchip in 2007 and prior.

I have to agree that Championchip is the better timing system (result wise, not service levels) - at least your can sort by club/team, and pick up to 200 lines per page.

I see people moaning about this' date=' but little do these people realise, this Cpt based firm often only land back in Cpt with equipment late sunday night, and results are usually available by the time you get into your office monday morning. Phenomenal! keep up the good work. its a real shame that this accident happened.

[/quote']

Accident aside.

If that's what they have to do to get the job done they're getting paid for, so be it. nothing magical about that.

what ever happened to championchip' date=' did they have a fall out with race organisers or something. they were fantastic with the results and giving you your actual start time and finish, nett and gross. results were out only a few hours after the ride aswell. Since Racetec have taken over from winning time, it is absolutely pathetic and even worse than that is this ss timing. [/quote']
Winningtime (Racetec) has been timing this race for (at least) the last 9 years. Perhaps you are thinking of the Tour D'urban who used Championchip in 2007 and prior.

I have to agree that Championchip is the better timing system (result wise, not service levels) - at least your can sort by club/team, and pick up to 200 lines per page.

Have you considered asking RaceTec to consider revising the way they post results? Growing companies are always looking for positive feedback from their users. Give it a try, you might get what you ask for!

I know of a fair number that would like to have the option of sorting by club/team and there hasn't been any feedback from the timing company. Can't speak for them, but I know I have asked the question more than once.

Race director Annie Batchelder said two

cyclists had to be taken to hospital after falling over the timing mat

at the finish. She said the mat across the finish line had flipped and

distracted the cyclists.

Distracted ????  good one :-)

Race director Annie Batchelder said two cyclists had to be taken to hospital after falling over the timing mat at the finish. She said the mat across the finish line had flipped and distracted the cyclists.

Distracted ????  good one :-)

So it's official then, the organisers are now bull sh1tters also. Why not pony up to the fact, appologise, fix it and move on. The only reason why these things fester and piss people off more and more is the lack of accountability. Mistakes happen, it's life but don't hide away like a coward and hide behind your own denial and bull sh*t. Grow up and take on the chin and fix the problem. Do the organisers think we are stupid?

Have you considered asking RaceTec to consider revising the way they post results? Growing companies are always looking for positive feedback from their users. Give it a try' date=' you might get what you ask for!
[/quote']

And you think no one has done this already?  Countless times? 

Timing Companies in SA.......leaque of their own!!!  ClapClapClap

Bring back the old days where 1,2,3 gets a place and the rest "thank you for coming".  http://s3.amazonaws.com/advrider/naughty.gif