Amashova Crash

Aurora

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

F4:13 (any relation to Jn3:17?)

I think you should say what your special interest is in this.  Lots of marketing-type spin & this about the only thing you've ever posted on.

With Duct tape some riders might even get stuck ON the mats...

a more gentle softer landing?

2 words:     Masking DUCT tape

thats better Approve
Thumbs%20Up

That stuff is worth it's weight in gold, working in film and stills production we use it extensively to secure equipment down. Tripods, wiring, people etc ...

I am not a legal person but have had some legal exposure.

<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

As far as I understand it ? the indemnity form protects the provider against negligence, etc.

The real issue is: Gross Negligence ? then the signed indemnity form has little protection(s). But one needs some big legal legs to prove Gross Negligence.

Sorry to see this stupid accident that never should have happened?

As far as I understand it ? the indemnity form protects the provider against negligence' date=' etc.

The real issue is: Gross Negligence ? then the signed indemnity form has little protection(s). But one needs some big legal legs to prove Gross Negligence.

[/quote']

You are correct.

Could this type of occurance have been foreseen? Probably not. How often do heavy timing mats blow up? It is proably nothing more than a freak accident. C'est la vie!

This is realy really sad. The timing company and race organisers should be brought to book and held accountable. That stupid little waiver that gets signed should be chucked out the back door. All a person does by signing it is that the organisers are are given permission to do what they want....even to endanger the lives of the cyclists. 

Those mats should have been checked by the race organiser at the start. Surely between everybody helping out at the race there should have been enough combined mentality (with a long stretch) to realise that those mats would have blown up in those winds if they weren't stuck down.

It doesn't help to put all the blame on the timing company. The race organisers should also take some part of the blame.

I hope the guys have a speedy recovery.

As far as I understand it ? the indemnity form protects the provider against negligence' date=' etc.

[/quote']

You are correct.

Could this type of occurance have been foreseen? Probably not. How often do heavy timing mats blow up? It is proably nothing more than a freak accident. C'est la vie!

But who was the person(s) that allowed the motorbike to cross the mats....no vehicle is allowed to drive over those mats (as said in a previous post)....usually there are stationary TV cameras at the finish and the motorbike pulls off in the last 500m or so...

it was the wind generated by the motorbike that caused the mats to blow up
Poison Ivy2009-10-19 05:58:58

2 words:     Masking DUCT tape

thats better Approve
Thumbs%20Up

That stuff is worth it's weight in gold' date=' working in film and stills production we use it extensively to secure equipment down. Tripods, wiring, people etc ...[/quote']

wouldn't it get as slippery road markings if it was wet?

[/quote']

You are correct.

But who was the person(s) that allowed the motorbike to cross the mats....no vehicle is allowed to drive over those mats (as said in a previous post)....usually there are stationary TV cameras at the finish and the motorbike pulls off in the last 500m or so...

I doubt anyone invited the motorbike rider to ride over the mats. The rider probably just did it on his/hers own and not realising what an effect it could have on the mats. And you can tell people a thousand times not to do something and you will still get at least one person who won't listen!

[/quote']

You are correct.

I doubt anyone invited the motorbike rider to ride over the mats. The rider probably just did it on his/hers own and not realising what an effect it could have on the mats. And you can tell people a thousand times not to do something and you will still get at least one person who won't listen!

I agree 100 %

For non-Durbanites' date=' this made the front page of The Mercury today:

20091019_060201_Shova.Mercury.F.jpg

Cheers,

Andrew[/quote']

burry had the sense to bunny hop... why didnt the others